Connect with top gaming leaders in Los Angeles at GamesBeat Summit 2023 this May 22-23. Register here.
Square Enix is going all out for the launch of the rebooted Tomb Raider series. Game journalist and Doritos enthusiast Geoff Keighley will release a Kindle book about the game called The Final Hours of Tomb Raider, and now the publisher revealed its plans for a $99.99 Collector’s Edition release.
Tomb Raider is a third-person action game for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC set to debut on March 5. It stars, as usual, English archaeologist Lara Croft, although this game will completely rework her origin story.
The $99.99 Tomb Raider Collector’s Edition includes the following:
GamesBeat Summit 2023
Join the GamesBeat community for our virtual day and on-demand content! You’ll hear from the brightest minds within the gaming industry to share their updates on the latest developments.
- 8-inch Lara Croft figurine: A posable action figure with 40 points of articulation.
- 15 inch-by-19 inch double-sided island map and poster: One side features a map of the island the game is set on and the other is a poster-sized version of the box art.
- 5 inch-by-7 inch lithographic print: Developer Crystal Dynamic’s senior art director, Brian Horton, designed this image of Lara. Artist Brenoch Adams painted it.
- Iron-on badges based on in-game icons: Lara earns “experience shields” in Tomb Raider, and the badges represent some of these.
- Tomb Raider soundtrack on CD: A 10-track disc with over 60 minutes of in-game music.
- Tomb Raider downloadable content: A weapon pack that Lara can use.
- Tin survival-kit packaging: Everything comes in a big box modeled after a survival kit from Tomb Raider.
The Collector’s Edition isn’t ready for preordering just yet, but Square Enix will offer it at Tombraider.com/preorder when it is available.
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.