Did you miss a session from GamesBeat Summit Next 2022? All sessions are now available for viewing in our on-demand library. Click here to start watching.
Microsoft isn’t just releasing Windows 10 tomorrow (our early review), it’s also preparing to roll out a new version of one of its most popular games.
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition is real, and it is completely free if you already own the game on PC. You just need to go through a few steps.
Here’s how to do it:
- Sign into your Mojang account.
- You should see your Mincecraft purchase at the top of the page.
- Scroll down and you should see “Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta.”
- After that, simply click the button “Claim your free copy.”
- This will take you to a Microsoft page where you can redeem your code for the game.
- You may need to sign into your Microsoft account.
- The code field should auto-populate.
- Hit “Redeem.”
Now, once you have Windows 10 installed, you should find the game in your apps.
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.