Missed the GamesBeat Summit excitement? Don't worry! Tune in now to catch all of the live and virtual sessions here.
Publisher Paradox Interactive is teaming with the Humble Bundle to sell a handful of strategy games under the name-your-own price model … as long as that price is more than $1.
The bundle features a handful of Paradox favorites as part of the Humble Bundle company’s weekly sale program. Gamers that donate more than $1 will get War of Roses, Warlock: Master of the Arcane, Dungeonland, Leviathan: Warships, The Showdown Effect, and Europa Universalis III Complete. Those games also come with the soundtracks.
If you’re cheap and donate less than a dollar, you’ll only get the soundtracks for the titles listed above.
Those who contribute more than the average will also get Magicka and Crusader Kings II and their soundtracks.
Paradox Interactive is best known for publishing a variety of strategy games. It specializes in the grand-strategy genre, which focus on the large-scale (and long-term) development of an entire nation.
Check out the Paradox trailer narrated by the silky smooth Jazz Boatman:
As always, contributors can decide how to split up the money between charities, Paradox, and Humble Bundle.
The publisher and Humble Bundle are also selling a rather nonhumble package of games called the Big Kahuna Bundle, which features nearly every Paradox game ever. The catch is that this one only goes to those who donate at least $125. This premium tier doesn’t come with Paradox’s latest release, Europa Universalis IV or many of its downloadable-content expansions.
Here is the massive list of Paradox games, DLC, and more in the Big Kahuna Bundle via Steam:
- War of the Vikings Alpha
- Leviathan: Warships
- Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition
- Ship Simulator Extremes
- Teleglitch: Die More Edition
- Crusader Kings II
- The Showdown Effect
- Hearts of Iron III
- Cities in Motion 2
- Naval War: Arctic Circle
- Mount & Blade: Warband
- War of the Roses
- Teleglitch Pre-order DLC
- War of the Roses: Kingmaker
- A Game of Dwarves: Ale Pack (DLC) (A Game of Dwarves: Ale Pack)
- King Arthur 2 – Forum Key
- Magicka: Forum Registration Key
- Mount & Blade
- Knights of Pen and Paper +1 (Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition)
- King Arthur II: The Role-playing Wargame
- Europa Universalis III Complete
- Warlock: Master of the Arcane
- Sword of the Stars Complete Collection
- Victoria II
- Defenders of Ardania
- Majesty Gold HD
- Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
- A Game of Dwarves
- Cities in Motion
- Crusader Kings Complete
- Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come
- Europa Universalis: Rome – Gold Edition
- Hearts of Iron II: Complete
- Victoria: Revolutions (Victoria I Complete)
- March of the Eagle
- Liir and Morrigi Immersion Pack
- Hiver and Tarka Immersion Pack
- War of the Roses Balance Beta
- Cities In Motion: Forum Registration Key
- Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
- Pirates of Black Cove
- Commander: Conquest of the Americas
- The Kings’ Crusade
- Arsenal of Democracy: A Hearts of Iron Game
- For The Glory: A Europa Universalis Game
- Lead and Gold – Gangs of the Wild West
- Majesty: Gold Edition (Majesty Gold HD)
- Majesty 2
- East India Company
- King Arthur: Fallen Champions (King Arthur: Fallen Champions)
- King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame
- Europa Universalis: Rome – Vae Victis
- Starvoid Server
- Ship Sim Extremes Harbor Pilot DLC
- Sword of the Stars II : Horde DLC
- Sol Force Immersion Pack
- King Athur 2 Base Game
- King Athur 2 Base_Release
- Magicka: Caverns
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.