Connect with top gaming leaders in Los Angeles at GamesBeat Summit 2023 this May 22-23. Register here.
Halo is more than just an astronomically popular multiplayer game, apparently.
In the 13.5 million hours that players have spent in Halo 4’s campaign in the first five days after the first-person shooter’s release, 1,116,882 people completed it. That comes from a blog on developer 343 Industries’ Halo Waypoint website.
Other stats and figures from Halo 4’s first five days:
GamesBeat Summit 2023
Join the GamesBeat community for our virtual day and on-demand content! You’ll hear from the brightest minds within the gaming industry to share their updates on the latest developments.
- 4 million people played Halo 4 on Xbox Live
- 1.9 million hours spent in Spartan Ops
- 16 million hours spent playing War Games
- 31.4 million total hours spent playing Halo 4
- 6 percent of players completed the campaign on Legendary difficulty
- 43,335,060 unlocked Achievements
- 2,675,140,836 kills in the campaign
- 505,250,095 kills in Spartan Ops
- 1,410,025,354 kills in War Games
- 4,590,416,285 total kills in Halo 4 on Xbox Live
So, by now, Halo 4 players have more than exterminated enough Covenant baddies to equal the population of the Earth.
Halo 4’s popularity is no surprise, as the series has been one of gaming’s biggest franchises since its debut in 2001 on the original Xbox. What did surprise a few is the quality of Halo 4 now that its original keepers at Bungie have left it in the hands of 343 Industries.
Our review was highly positive, although the academic in our Threeview took issue with the game’s familiar feel.
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.