Missed the GamesBeat Summit excitement? Don't worry! Tune in now to catch all of the live and virtual sessions here.
If you want to play Destiny early: Refresh and refresh often.
The futuristic first-person shooter from the makers of Halo is releasing in September, but an early sneak-peek beta starts this month, so you can experience multiplayer before anyone else (well, anyone who doesn’t have access to the beta, that is).
We have 40 tickets to this beta to hand out to the GamesBeat community. Over the next few days, we’ll be adding new codes to this post that you can grab — first come, first served. Just refresh often to see what new has arrived! Or follow our @GamesBeat Twitter account for updates, though we won’t Tweet out every single time we add a new code or else we’ll drive our followers crazy.
Each nine-digit code below will be missing a key character or two. Just solve the attached riddle to fill in the blanks. Grab ’em quick before someone else does! We’ll add the dates and times for when we listed these codes, so you can get a sense of whether you’re too late or not.
Here are a few to get you started. Remember: We have 40 in total to give out, so keep coming back to this story over the next few days to get more shots at securing a beta code for yourself.
Note: Instructions on how to redeem these are below the codes.
- 6CK- _ G _ -JY3 (number of red balloons) – July 10, 6:22 pm PT
- LRA-CHM-MC _ (the last numbered Fallout) – July 10, 6:22 pm PT
- A3L- _ _4-6YJ (racing series ___ ___ Speed) – July 10, 6:22 pm PT
- _ _ P-VH6-79N (NFL’s Chiefs) – July 10, 6:22 pm PT
- Y7G- _ _ M-CXL (star of Epic Mickey) – July 10, 6:22 pm PT
- 7J _ – _ 6K-KA9 (Liberty City is based on …) – July 11, 12:05 am PT
- VMV-4 _ T-AP _ (an immature guy’s favorite number) – July 11, 12:05 am PT
- 9 _ _ -FGN-LVC (Shatner’s Hooker) – July 11, 9:35 am PT
- MP9-JNF-4 _ _ (short for a common video game gun) – July 11, 9:35 am PT
- Y _ _ -Y9T-G44 (six-sided die) – July 11, 9:35 am PT
- H44- _ _ M-JGT (James Bond’s Walther P–) – July 11, 9:44 am PT
- FDN- _ _ _ -CVY (to administer in case of emergency) – July 11, 12:30 pm PT
- 6MA-JFL-X _ _ (state of San Andreas) – July 11, 4:50 pm PT
- 3PD-PG _ – _ _ A (famous collectible card game) – July 11, 11:35 pm PT
- _ K4-D4R-LV _ (new Star Wars director — our new hope) – July 12, 9:20 am PT
- 7 _ _ -JRH-79C (up, up, down, down, ___, ___, …) – July 12, 9:20 am PT
- V94- _ 3X- _ K4 (what you might type to someone after a multiplayer match) – July 12, 9:20 am PT
- 3 _ G- _ _ R-GGT (the original arcade dancer) – July 12, 9:20 am PT
- D _ T-4RL-JP _ (big-time investors in startups) – July 12, 9:20 am PT
- _ DJ-NC9-TY _ (mech games from Japan) – July 13, 12:15 am PT
- _ _ V-3GD-F73 (Cool J) – July 14, 9:05 am PT
- GGK-J _ R-LVD (Cloud’s Final Fantasy) – July 14, 9:15 am PT
- YRD-HTF-LH _ (U.S.’ Final Fantasy III … in Japan) – July 14, 11:00 am PT
- AV _ – _ 79-C4D (Knights of the Old Republic #47) – July 14, 11:02 am PT
- JY4-4L _ -CNF (Mighty No.) – July 14, 11:05 am PT
- _ XT-GYT-XH _ (pyramid-shaped dice) – July 14, 3:35 pm PT
- L _ G-JTR- _ AJ (publisher of Adventure Time video games) – July 14, 4:20 pm PT
- 6KN-YK6- _ _ _ (name of a Mortal Kombat character — also a League of Legends champion — spelled backwards) – July 14, 4:50 pm PT
- _ DA-G9N-D _ _ (DC Comics flying metal) – July 14, 5:35 pm PT
- 97Y- _ T _ -PKA (Sackboy’s *ahem* ___ Big ___) – July 14, 10:03 pm PT
- _ DV- _ TD-KNC (Tom Clancy’s colorful squad) – July 15, 10:04 am PT
- PNN-J _ X-7 _ _ (current Halo developer, but reversing the numbers) – July 15, 12:49 pm PT
- CPA-JK _ – _ P_ (the type of fighting in UFC) – July 15, 12:53 pm PT
- 4L _ -Y _ N-DVA (EVE Online maker, _ _ P) – July 15, 1:18 pm PT
- P _ _ – _ 3G-49N (pre-DVD movie-watching machine) – July 15, 2:32 pm PT
- AN _ -R _ 6-XR3 (Mario’s hairy, simian buddy) – July 15, 3:59 pm PT
- LDX-N _ _ -Y _ 9 (Who needs memory cards? Modern consoles have …) – July 15, 8:35 pm PT
- MT _ -44K- _ Y _ (the biggest big-budget games) – July 15, 8:48 pm PT
- _ _ 4-P3P-VLM (how many people this game supports in splitscreen) – July 15, 9:09 pm PT
- HTP- _ _ _ -77P (two teams of four in multiplayer) – July 15, 9:34 pm PT
- (Special: We do have one more leftover, bonus code. We’ll slip that into the comments sometime tomorrow, July 16.)
Thanks for playing, everyone!
How to redeem your beta code:
- Go to http://bungie.net/beta and follow the instructions. You must have a valid Bungie.net account, so if you do not already have an account, you must create one.
- After you create or sign-in to your Bungie.net account, you will be asked to verify your email address before entering your 9-digit Destiny Beta code.
- Once you have redeemed your Beta code, your account will be approved for Beta access.
- Starting July 10, you must visit your account profile page on Bungie.net to select the platform of your choice.
- Shortly before the Beta begins for the platform of your choice (July 17 for PlayStation systems, July 23 for Xbox systems), Bungie will email you your Destiny Beta code — your Destiny Beta code will also be visible via your Bungie.net Account Profile/Redeemed Codes page, secured behind your login credentials.
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.