The renaissance of pinball
The pinball machine in Cafe 5to2 is modeled after Williams Electronics’ Medieval Madness. Great table, by the way.
GamesBeat Next 2023
Join the GamesBeat community in San Francisco this October 24-25. You’ll hear from the brightest minds within the gaming industry on latest developments and their take on the future of gaming.
Hell can wait, come to Eight
A convenience store simple called Eight looks a lot like 7-Eleven. Too bad you can’t have a foggy Slurpee.
End of the road
Every street in Silent Hill is named after a famous author. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Richard Bachman, pen name of Stephen King (The Running Man, Thinner)
- Carl Sagan (Cosmos, Contact)
- Robert Bloch (Psycho, American Gothic)
- Michael Crichton (The Andromeda Strain, Jurassic Park)
- Dean Koontz (Watchers, Phantoms)
- Ira Levin (Rosemary’s Baby, Sliver)
- Richard Matheson (I Am Legend, A Stir of Echoes)
- Francis Paul Wilson (The Keep, Reborn)
- Ray Bradbury (The Martian Chronicles, It Came from Outer Space)
- Jack Finney (The Body Snatchers, Time and Again)
- Dan Simmons (Hyperion, Ilium)
- John Sandford (Rules of Prey, The Fool’s Run)
Gotta have it
The citizens of Silent Hill can’t tell the difference between Coca-Cola and Pepsi either.
Harmony of dissonance
A park bench has a poster with the words “Gangusta Paradise.” This could be a reference to the song “Gangsta’s Paradise” from the movie Dangerous Minds. Coolio in Silent Hill … now that would be frightening.