VentureBeat regularly publishes guest posts from experts who can provide unique and useful perspectives to our readers on news, trends, emerging technologies, and other areas of interest related to tech innovation.
To submit a guest post (idea or full draft), please send it to the appropriate channel:
firstname.lastname@example.org — Topics related to innovative tech. We’re mostly looking for stories on data tech and strategy.
email@example.com — Posts about games and the game industry, game-related AR/VR, and e-sports.
Here are our guidelines:
If pitching us a story idea:
Feel free to send us a story pitch prior to writing a full draft so that you can get an initial reading from us on whether or not it’s a topic of interest. Here’s what to include:
- A working headline
- A bullet point list of key points the story would cover
- An author bio, including details on your expertise that make it clear why your opinion on the topic should count to readers. It should go without saying, but: VentureBeat does not accept ghost-written stories; the person presented as author must be the actual author.
- Disclosure of any conflicts of interest. For example: Does your company stand to benefit from the messaging in the story? Do you have partnerships or investments that relate to companies or technologies that will be covered in the story?
If submitting a full draft:
If you’ve already written the story or just prefer to send a full draft, go ahead and send it over. No need to query us first. Here’s how to do it:
- Include a headline.
- Avoid long introductions; get straight to the point.
- Make a strong, clear argument supported by examples, details, and/or data.
- Target word count: 600-1,200.
- Disclose any conflicts of interest. For example: Does your company stand to benefit from the messaging in the story? Do you have partnerships or investments that relate to companies or technologies covered in the story?
- Include an author bio, including details on your expertise that make it clear why your opinion on the topic should count to readers. It should go without saying, but: VentureBeat does not accept ghost-written stories; the person presented as author must be the actual author.
- If you’re not the author, be sure to tell us what organization you work for and spell out your relationship to the author.
- We do not accept stories that have been submitted simultaneously to other publications. In rare instances we will consider previously published articles, but please disclose if that’s the case.
- Send your submission to us either as a Word/Google Docs attachment or included in the body of the email (Google Docs for all GamesBeat posts).
- Please submit your story to only one guest-post address at a time. (See above for the options.)
- Please do not send any press releases, interview requests, or news tips to our guest-post addresses. These should instead go to VentureBeat’s news team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will you hear from us?
Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we aren’t always able to respond to each one, although we do reply to as many as we can. We try to review all submissions within 1 business day, but it can sometimes take longer. If we’re interested, you should hear from us within 3 business days. If you don’t hear from us within that time, you can consider it a no.
If you’re with a company looking to write about a problem for which your company offers a solution or about any area in which you have a vested interest, your story would qualify as a sponsored post rather than a guest post. To speak to VentureBeat about sponsored post opportunities, please contact email@example.com.