VentureBeat regularly publishes guest posts from experts who can provide unique and useful perspectives to our readers on news, trends, emerging technologies, and other areas of interest related to tech innovation.
To submit a guest post, please send it to the appropriate channel:
Bots.email@example.com — Posts about bots, messaging, voice interface, smart speakers, transportation technology, and related AI and ML topics
Games.firstname.lastname@example.org — Posts about games and the game industry, game-related AR/VR, and e-sports-related
Heartland.email@example.com — Posts about innovative tech in the U.S. beyond the coasts.
OpEd@venturebeat.com — Any other topic area (including blockchain, non-game AR/VR, business and entrepreneurship, policy, IoT, and emerging technologies)
We’ll respond as quickly as we can to your email, but due to time constraints, we aren’t always able to provide feedback on rejected stories. We get a lot of submissions, and we publish only the best.
Here are our guidelines:
- Make a strong, clear argument supported by examples, details, and/or data.
- Avoid long introductions; get straight to the point.
- Include a headline.
- Include an author bio, including details on your expertise that make it clear why your opinion on the topic should count to readers.
- Target word count: 600-1,200.
- If you’re not the author, be sure to tell us what organization you work for and spell out your relationship to the author.
- We do not accept stories that have been submitted simultaneously to other publications. In rare instances we will consider previously published articles, but please disclose if that’s the case.
- Disclose conflicts of interest, such as partnerships with, or investments in, any companies/technologies covered in the story.
- We do not accept stories that — either explicitly or implicity — promote the author’s company or offering(s). If you do mention your company in the story, it should be in the context of a larger trend or insight that is applicable to other companies.
- It’s great to include images to illustrate key points in your story. But please only include images that you have rights to or that are available under creative commons license. Be sure to include image credits and links.
- If you’d like to pitch an idea rather than a full draft, please send a 1-3 paragraph summary of the key points the story would cover.
- Send your submission to us in a format that’s easy to edit (Google docs for all GamesBeat posts).
- We don’t have time to respond to all submissions — if we don’t respond within 72 hours, it’s likely a no.
- Please submit your story to only one OpEd address at a time. (See above for the options.)
- Feel free to send us a story pitch prior to writing a full draft so that you can get an initial reading from us on whether or not it’s a topic of interest. A pitch should consist of a working headline, a bullet point list of key points the story would cover, and a brief bio detailing the author’s expertise in the subject area.
- Please send any press releases, interview requests, or news tips to VentureBeat’s news team at firstname.lastname@example.org — not to any of the OpEd email addresses.
If you’re with a company looking to write about a problem for which your company offers a solution or about any area in which you have a vested interest, your story would qualify as a sponsored post rather than a guest post. To speak to VentureBeat about sponsored post opportunities, please contact email@example.com.