VentureBeat regularly publishes guest posts from experts who can provide unique and useful perspectives to our readers on news, trends, emerging technologies, and other areas of interest related to tech innovation.
To submit a guest post, please send it to the appropriate channel:
Bots, messaging and A.I.-related posts Bots.firstname.lastname@example.org
Games, AR/VR and Esports-related posts Games.email@example.com
Heartland Tech-related posts Heartland.firstname.lastname@example.org
Posts relating to all other topics VentureBeat covers OpEd@venturebeat.com
We’ll respond as quickly as we can to your email, but due to time constraints, we aren’t always able to provide feedback on rejected stories. We get a lot of submissions, and we publish only the best.
Here are our guidelines:
- Guest columns usually run about 800 words.
- Make a strong, clear argument supported by examples, details, and/or data.
- Avoid long introductions; get straight to the point.
- Be sure to include a headline.
- Be sure to include an author bio, including details on your background and expertise that make it clear why your opinion on the topic should count to readers.
- If you’re not the author, be sure to tell us what organization you work for and spell out your relationship to the author.
- We do not accept simultaneous submissions, but in rare instances we will consider previously published articles.
- Be sure to disclose conflicts of interest, such as partnerships with, or investments in, any companies/technologies covered in the story.
- It’s great to include images to illustrate key points in your story. But please only include images that you have rights to or that are available under creative commons license. Be sure to include image credits and links.
- If you’d like to pitch an idea rather than a full draft, please send a 1-3 paragraph summary of the key points the story would cover.
Please don’t send your story as a PDF — send it to us in a format that’s easy to edit (Google docs for all GamesBeat posts please, Word, paste it into email, etc).
If you’re sending a press release or other news, the email addresses above are not the right contact points. Please send any press releases, interview requests, or news tips to VentureBeat’s news team at email@example.com.
If you’re with a company looking to write about a problem for which your company offers a solution or about any area in which you have a vested interest, your story would qualify as a sponsored post rather than a guest post. To speak to VentureBeat about sponsored post opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.