Were you unable to attend Transform 2022? Check out all of the summit sessions in our on-demand library now! Watch here.
Google and Amazon may be top dogs in their respective industries, but they both face challenges when it comes to mobile.
Google is the largest ad company in the world, and it earned that status by dominating search. It sells ads to brands wanting to reach Google’s users. Lately, though, people are spending more time in mobile apps, and Facebook, the king of mobile apps, has emerged as a fierce competitor, in part by selling ads to app publishers seeking new users. So how does Google respond, to serve its massive number of customers seeking to get users on mobile?
And while Amazon is the largest ecommerce company in the world, one of its challenges is to stay that way on mobile. Mobile commerce will explode to $1 trillion over the next decade from $100 billion this year, so the opportunity for Amazon is huge. But with users spending more time in apps, they’re likely to be buying things from within those mobile apps. It’s important that Amazon market its own app effectively.
We’re delighted to have Jonathan Pelosi, who leads Google’s mobile app marketing and strategy efforts, and Ryan Lysne, Amazon’s head of mobile marketing, join us at the Mobile Summit on April 4-5 in Sausalito, Ca.
They’ve agreed to join the stage together, to talk about the big trends in mobile app distribution.
VB Mobile Summit: How to acquire fast and engage long
In many areas, Google and Amazon overlap, and compete. Google has its various commerce initiatives, including Google Express. They are competitors in supplying cloud services to businesses, too. But in others, they cooperate, in particular Amazon’s need to extend its reach on mobile and Google’s need to serve the largest customers there too.
It’s rare to get the two giants on the same stage, and so it will be a great addition to our two-day executive event. Among the topics they’ll be discussing:
- How they see apps consolidating or proliferating over time
- Alternative technologies/platforms that they see developing
- What are some of the differences, and similarities, between usage of mobile web and apps? How will this evolve over time?
- How to drive distribution, keeping scale and quality in mind at the same time
- What metrics do they look at? How do they see this evolving over time?
- How to think about lifetime value — and to leverage it in buying decisions
- How to think about defining and driving engagement
- How is the industry evolving with regards to app strategy? Will developers consolidate or have separate app experiences?
- Are apps a longer-term play or are there other platforms that will take over?
Other speakers at Mobile Summit include leading executives from Pandora, GrubHub, Touch of Modern, Runtastic, Pocket Gems, Kik, Zynga, AOL, and more.
We invite only 180 executives to the Summit (you can apply to attend here). It’s designed to be an intimate experience where executives exchange strategies around some of the hottest trends in mobile — at a time when brands are having to move quickly to embrace instantaneous distribution. The goal is to make the Summit the best insider event, and an independent one free from influence from specific vendors or platform owners.
Leading vendors will be there, but we try to invite brands and other independent app owners to create the best mix possible.
Working sessions go into depth on specific topic areas, and cocktail receptions make sure the networking juices flow.
Topics include the following:
- User acquisition
- Designing the user experience
- Messaging and video
- Mobile marketing automation
- Targeting your marketing
- How to build your mobile marketing team
- How to orient entire organization around mobile
- M-commerce and online-offline convergence
- Nurturing existing users
- Harnessing data for mobile engagement
- Mobile advertising attribution
- Predicting and measuring
Call for sponsors
If you’d like to sponsor, please send a message to email@example.com.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Learn more about membership.