Did you miss a session from GamesBeat Summit Next 2022? All sessions are now available for viewing in our on-demand library. Click here to start watching.
Following a string of complaints from reviewers, Apple has taken the unusual step of admitting that its much-hyped Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE has a glitch that interferes with its ability to connect to cellular networks.
In a statement to the Verge, Apple said: “We have discovered that when Apple Watch Series 3 joins unauthenticated Wi-Fi networks without connectivity, it may at times prevent the watch from using cellular. We are investigating a fix for a future software release.”
The admission comes five days after preorders began, and just as shipping is likely to begin for delivery on Friday.
The company didn’t say when the fix was likely to come. But if you don’t want to take any chances, it may not be too late to cancel your preorder.
1. Log into your Apple account and go to the Order Status page.
2. Check to see what the shipping status is. If it’s not in “Preparing to Ship” or “Shipped” status, then you should be able to select “Cancel items.”
3. The page should confirm that by now reading “Canceled” or “Pickup Canceled.”
4. At this point, you may or may not have been billed. If you have been billed, Apple initiates a refund.
5. Of course, even if the gadget shows up at your house, or the Apple Store, you can still probably return it.
6. In that case, go the Refunds & Returns page.
7. Customers have 14 days to return a purchase; just make sure everything is back in the box if you take it out to try it.
If all else fails, call Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-MY-APPLE.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Discover our Briefings.