Connect with top gaming leaders in Los Angeles at GamesBeat Summit 2023 this May 22-23. Register here.
VentureBeat is searching for an ambitious mobile staff writer to lead our daily coverage of the mobile industry, gadgets, and apps, with a significant focus on Apple.
Based in San Francisco, this position is responsible for covering breaking news, coordinating and writing reviews, developing captivating op-eds, and maintaining key industry contacts relevant to their beat.
You must have solid contacts at Apple and a record of coverage of its products and news.
- Lead and define our daily coverage of the mobile industry, gadgets, and apps, with a specific focus on Apple
- Develop new and creative articles and directions for the beat
- Coordinate stories and ideas with the Editorial Team
- Some coverage on weekends may be required
Successful candidates should have:
- BA in English or Journalism or a related field or 2-3 years of journalistic experience
- Strong writer
- Strong ideation skills
- Ability to work under and meet deadlines
- Ability to be self-directed
- Interviewing skills
- High energy level
- Good attitude
- Photography skills a plus
Please send a resume and three examples of your best work covering Apple and the mobile industry to firstname.lastname@example.org and Harrison@venturebeat.com with the subject line “mobile staff writer.”
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.