Did you miss a session from GamesBeat Summit Next 2022? All sessions are now available for viewing in our on-demand library. Click here to start watching.
* You can now view iWork documents, look through contacts, and view Microsoft Office documents on an iPhone.
* You can save images directly to different locations.
* There’s a scientific calculator.
* There are parental controls.
* There are two forms each for Japanese and Chinese as well as other language support.
* You can draw Chinese characters.
* The new iPhone 2.0 software will be available in early July.
* The new App Store is a way for developers to reach every single iPhone user. It will be available in 62 countries and have automatic updates on the apps that you’ve bought. Developers keep 70 percent of the revenues. They are secure with FairPlay DRM if they want. But developers can make them free if they want as well. Apple won’t charge credit card transaction fees to the developers.
* You can download apps under 10 megabytes on the cell phone, Wi-Fi, or iTunes. If it’s bigger than that, you can’t use the cell phone network to download it. Companies can lock certain iPhones as authorized platforms to receive custom enterprise apps. Users can download them to their phones and those apps can’t be used on any other phones, giving the iPhone a higher level of corporate security. Users can download the enterprise apps and sync them to the phones through iTunes.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Discover our Briefings.