Connect with top gaming leaders in Los Angeles at GamesBeat Summit 2023 this May 22-23. Register here.
Thanks to Walmart Canada and publishers wanting to avoid getting buried, the Electronic Entertainment Expo trade show has already begun for the GamesBeat Decides podcast. The event may not open until June 12, but that doesn’t matter since we’re already getting leaks and announcements.
For this episode of the podcast that does all of your thinking for you, host and PC gaming editor Jeffrey Grubb and VentureBeat editor Jeremy Horwitz get together to talk about the great E3 expansion, Tempest 4000, and more. Jeff also gives his expert tips to get the Infinity Gauntlet in Fortnite: Battle Royale’s Marvel crossover event.
In the news section, Jeff and Jeremy break down Nintendo’s online system, EA’s promise to “push forward” with loot boxes, and Sony’s plans to shift its E3 strategy.
Join us, won’t you? (Download link here.)
GamesBeat Summit 2023
Join the GamesBeat community in Los Angeles this May 22-23. You’ll hear from the brightest minds within the gaming industry to share their updates on the latest developments.
Here’s everything we talk about:
- Fortnite: Infinity Gauntlet
- Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
- Tempest 4000
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
- Nintendo Switch Online
- No more virtual console
- Cloud-save BS
- 20 NES games
- Sony vs. emulation
- Archiving Flash games
- Sony’s new E3 strategy
- Walmart Canada leak
- Rage account resurrected on Twitter
- Rage 2 is maybe happening
- Bethesda is teasing something for May 14
- Battlefield V tease points to May 23 announcement
- Steam Link app brings Valve’s in-home streaming to iOS and Android devices
- Sony’s Japan Display creates 1,000 ppi VR displays
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, Stitcher, or RSS
- Listen on Cast
- Watch live on Facebook, Twitch, or YouTube
- Follow us: GamesBeat on Twitter, GamesBeat Decides on Twitter
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.