Best AirPrint printer 2022 • 7 AirPrint printers Reviews
Like most people, you probably own at least one iOS device. You most likely have lots of photos of unforgettable or special moments stored on it. In our opinion, if you want to print photos from an iOS device, you should get yourself an AirPrint printer. In our test, we will show you the results of our research.
AirPrint printer Leaderboard 2022
What is an AirPrint printer and how does it work?
Andy Warhol used to say that machines have an easier life, well now their life is even easier with integrated wireless technology. In our opinion being able to perform all the same functions, without any loss of performance and the need for cables is a massive bonus. This is what AirPrint printers offer us, which, contrary to what you may think, are not a brand of printers but merely printers that incorporate this type of technology.
AirPrint technology allows you to print photographs, images, and documents of all kinds without the need to install additional software or the hassle of annoying cables. Since it was developed by Apple, this technology functions with iOS devices.
Advantages and Disadvantages of AirPrint Printers
If you own an iOS device, such as an iPhone, you are likely looking for an AirPrint printer for all your printing tasks. In our opinion, it’s a good idea to store photos on a cloud or some of the popular social network platforms, such as Instagram or Facebook. However, none of these options is totally exempt from potential issues.
- AirPrint technology is ideal for small businesses or executives who are often on the move. It allows you to print tickets, photographs, and even emails quickly and securely. This is all done very easily through your iOS device.
- You can be free of annoying cables and all their inherent issues: wear, tangles, and even possible accidents if you happen to trip over them. The product test confirms that especially if you have a pet, the advantages of an AirPrint printer are multiplied, as you won’t need to worry about the printer failing due to your furry friend sneakily chewing on the cables.
- The best AirPrint printers allow you to start printing immediately, without needing to download additional software or to install a specific driver on your device. Our test manifests that this makes setting up the printer a much easier process, with less chance of something going wrong.
- Getting started is not only faster but also much simpler. In comparison to standard printers, you do not have to try and understand complex instructions. This is because iOS devices automatically detect printers with AirPrint technology via a Wi-Fi connection.
- Printing is done in the background, meaning that you don’t have to wait. The product test shows you only have to queue a document to print, and then you can continue browsing the internet, or even make some calls.
- Not all printers currently available on the market incorporate AirPrint technology.
- In comparison to other printers, this system is exclusively for Apple devices, if you do not own an iOS device it is definitely not suitable for you.
Shopping Criteria for AirPrint Printers
Now that you are aware that AirPrint printers are not a type of hardware but are a type of printing technology, it is time to make your purchase. As not all models available on the market are the same, you need to find the one that best suits your needs. In our opinion, these are the five most important criteria to keep in mind when buying an AirPrint printer.
- Additional technologies
- Reason for buying
- Printing speed
- Printing capacity
- Assured compatibility
AirPrint is not the only useful technology found in the best printers these days, and some models offer additional technologies. For example, in comparison to standard AirPrint printers, Epson provides other useful options such as Scan to Cloud.
Reason for Buying
Choosing the best AirPrint printer for you will depend upon how you plan to use it. Our test demonstrates that each model offers different features that would appeal to different users. Are you buying a new printer to mainly print photos? Or will you only be printing text documents? Or perhaps you have started a new business as a freelancer and need to print wirelessly? In our opinion, your investment in your new office tool should be based upon your own individual needs.
Not all printers are capable of printing at the same speed. Printing speed is most commonly calculated in the number of pages per minute. The test shows that this figure will vary depending on whether you are printing in black and white or in color. The best AirPrint printers currently available on the market can print at a speed of around 18 to 30 pages per minute. If printing speed is important to you, be sure to check this specification before making your purchase.
If you want an AirPrint printer for your new startup or to use in a busy office, you may require a printer with a large capacity. However, if you are only going to be printing photographs occasionally, then this is not something you need to worry about. Our product test proves that it is a good idea to know which type of cartridges are compatible with your new printer, and to have a backup supply stored in your home or office.
This may seem obvious, but if you are in a hurry, you could accidentally select a model that is incompatible with AirPrint technology. Remember that not all of the latest models of printers offer this technology. And don’t forget that it will only be compatible with iOS devices, which will be useless, in comparison to standard printers, if you own an Android phone or tablet.
Related Links and Sources
What is Scan-to-Cloud technology?
Scan-to-Cloud technology is incorporated into AirPrint printers manufactured by Epson. It is a system they have developed that allows you to scan and send a file via email, or upload it to some kind of online storage platform (such as DropBox, Evernote, Google Drive, or Epson Connect) directly from the printer itself. To use this technology available on Epson’s top AirPrint printers, you must follow these steps.
1. Connect your Epson printer to your network.
2. If you have not already signed up to Epson Connect, visit epsonconnect.com to create an account and register your printer.
3. Log in to your account using the email and password with which you registered.
4. Select the printer model you have registered, click on “Scan to Cloud” and then on “List of destinations.”
5. Now you need to add all the recipients to the list that you have created using the Epson Connect platform.
6. The next time you use Scan to Cloud, you can now scan and send the files automatically.
What is the Email Print feature offered by AirPrint printers?
Email Print technology is also included in Epson’s best models of AirPrint-compatible printers. Epson focuses on the development of various technologies aimed at making the printing process easier, whether in a business or domestic environment. Their Email Print and Scan-to-Cloud technologies are two great features but are not the only exciting developments this company has incorporated into their best printers.
Email Print allows you to print from any device that is capable of sending emails. Whether that is a smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer. To use this feature, you just have to activate an email address that is linked to the Epson printer that incorporates this technology. Whenever you want to print a copy of an email, you just need to send the file to the printer.
How can I print from my iOS device with an AirPrint printer?
The first and most crucial step to using your printer’s AirPrint technology is to have a device with an iOS operating system. Otherwise, you can still print wirelessly, but you will need to use another type of technology. Even if you do not currently own an iOS device, it is still a good idea to consider purchasing a printer with AirPrint technology, on the chance that you buy an Apple device in the future.
Next you need to check that your iOS device and the printer you have purchased are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Then simply open the application on your iOS device from which you want to print, and select the printing option. If you have trouble making a connection, consult the help section of the application’s manual.
Our test confirms that once you have established the connection, and everything is up and running, you can start having fun printing your photographs and other documents. Just select the available AirPrint printer and choose the number of copies and the pages you want to print. To start printing, click on the icon in the upper right corner.
The product recommendations in this article are made solely by the sponsor and are not recommendations made by VentureBeat.