Best Content Analytics Software 2021 • 5 Content Analytics Softwares Reviews
Content analytics software tools can greatly elevate your content performance. If that’s your goal, the tools in this text will help you achieve it.
Content Analytics Software Leaderboard 2021
What is content analytics software?
Content analytics software belongs to the group of tools designed to help people improve the performance of their content. Whether we are talking about written, audio, or video content, optimizing it and improving its performance is always possible.
Let’s dig deeper and see how these software tools work.
How does content analytics software work?
To start tracking your content performance, it is first necessary to link your content analytics software with your website and social media accounts. That process differs from one tool to another. However, once it is finished, the software starts its magic by collecting different types of information.
That includes data such as the number of visitors, followers, likes, clicks, or purchases. Other tools pick up users’ behaviors, how the content is ranking with search engines, and many other metrics that indicate how well your content is performing. The software then processes all that information and displays statistics to you.
Advantages & Applications
When it comes to content, there is plenty of competition in almost all industries. Implementation of these software tools is necessary for the improvement of content performance. That’s why content analytics tools come with advantages and applications in numerous niches.
Access to this type of information makes it possible for business owners and marketers to improve the content and make it better. The goal is for more people to interact with it, or to make higher conversions. Furthermore, the tools are used for various applications.
Most commonly, big companies that are interested in their content efficiency apply these tools. However, corporate in-house teams are not the only ones who do it; many digital marketing agencies specialize in content marketing, and they heavily rely on these types of tools. What’s interesting is that over time, different tools have been created for different media types.
What types of content analytics software are there?
There are several ways in which content analytics software tools differ. Primarily, the most important difference comes down to pricing. There are two types of tools in this category.
- Free – Even though open source tools might be appealing to some marketers, it will require you to be able to host it on your servers. This also draws in the costs of maintaining the whole system. Evaluate costs and check which option is better.
- Paid – The majority of tools are charged monthly or annually, depending on the brand’s business strategy.
On the other hand, there are different types of content analytics tools when it comes to the types of information they were designed to provide. As there are various types of content, you can expect to find the following.
- SEO analytics – These tools are designed to measure how people find your content online. How well are you ranking? What do people read or watch on your site the most?
- Behavior analytics – These analytics follow your visitors across your website; most importantly, they track where users click.
- Social media analytics – As you might assume, these tools are designed to monitor your social media performance—that is, likes, shares, and any other engagement analytics.
- Email analytics – Email is another distribution channel that is based on a certain type of content. Measuring its performance will help you better understand how effective it is; therefore, some tools are made just for that.
- Video analytics – Many video platforms such as YouTube provide an insight into how people behave while watching a video, do they skip certain parts, and other similar details.
How Content Analytics Software is Tested
Content analytics software tests usually cover a couple of crucial facts about these products. Some of those include the following.
- System complexity – Ease of use is one of the greatest factors that impacts the outcome of choosing a content analytics software test winner. The easier the software is to use, the better.
- Number of features – As the competition in this niche is fierce, an increasing number of tools is including an abundance of features. These software tool tests usually cover what the features are and their quality.
- Pricing – Different tools come at different prices. Tests also consider this, as the value aspect is important for all types of products, content analytics tools included.
- Support – How often is the software updated? How long can you expect it to be supported? Is there anyone available to help you out with the setup? All these aspects are examined during testing.
- Collaboration and reporting – How many people can work together on a project? How easy is the collaboration? How detailed are the reports? All these questions are answered in the usual testing process. Both of these features play an important role both for in-house teams and independent agencies.
What should I pay attention to when buying content analytics software?
- What are you interested in? – Start by defining your needs. That way, you will understand what tool has the features you are going to utilize the most.
- Company background – Examine how long the company has been in business. When it comes to software tools, the general rule to follow is maturity. Every software tool gets better over time, and it is an important thing to consider before making the final decision.
- Ease of use – Try out a demo to see how easy it is to use the tool.
- Which brands are already using these tools? – Most of the time, companies behind content analytics tools share who they are working with. Check out the list of brands that have decided to trust them. This will help you make the right choice.
- Pricing – Explore all the price options to see how much value you can get with each of these products.
7 Leading Brands Offering Content Analytics Software
- Google Analytics
- YouTube Analytics
Internet Versus Retail Trade: Where do I buy my content analytics software?
All of the above-mentioned tools are purchased online. None of these can be bought in retail. Therefore, all the payments are going to be made online on the brand’s website. We suggest that you explore the best deals, as annual subscriptions are often discounted.
Advantages and Disadvantages According to Customer Reviews
- Implementation challenges – Some customers have witnessed implementation challenges. Not every tool is going to run smoothly from the start.
- Software complexity – Some software tools have a steep learning curve. That’s off-putting for many users.
- Filtering issues – Some have had challenges with filtering their analytics results. This is a recurring issue with several tools and simply waiting for an update from the developer is the only solution.
- No mobile support – Not all tools have support for mobile operating systems.
- Non-responsive customer support – Unfortunately, some brands don’t have outstanding customer support.
- Lacking features on mobile – Not all features are available on mobile devices. Hopefully, these kinds of issues can be solved with updates.
- UI inconsistency – Some tools’ mobile apps look a bit different, creating confusion for users.
- Crashing apps – Some users have reported app instability issues for some of the content analytics apps.
- Late updates – There are brands that, according to customers, take a lot of time to make updates resolving various bugs.
- No real-time data – Not all tools are created equal, some do not include real-time data.
- Better content performance – With analytics at hand, countless users were able to improve their content performance.
- Easy integration – Linking analytics to their website and social media accounts was a breeze for many users.
- Smooth collaboration –One of the praised features relates to collaboration. Colleagues can work together using these tools.
- Detailed reporting – Plenty of tools feature detailed reports. That’s important as you can create status reports and monitor growth over time.
- Analytics on the go – Numerous tools have apps for mobile devices available.
- Real-time data – There are plenty of tools that come with real-time data supported.
- No cost or low cost – The majority of tools are free at first, low costs are introduced as there is more data to track and analyze.
- High efficiency – Many customers have reported how more efficient they have become since beginning to use this software. Besides being analytics tools, some will also streamline some processes, such as posting on social media, which can be more easily scheduled and automated.
- Detailed guides – The majority of brands provide detailed guides for using their software, that’s something many customers find valuable.
- User-friendly – Last but not least, there’s plenty of positive comments on how easy it is to set up some of these tools.
Interesting Facts & Advice
History of Content Analytics Software
Online content analytics has a history starting in the 1990s. Back then, it all came down to hit counters. These could be seen on many websites. However, a company that had changed it all at one point was the company under the name of Urchin. Their product was so revolutionary that it was purchased by Google and is known today as Google Analytics.
From 2005 onward, numerous content analytics software tools were developed. Every change in the online world dictated what the focus of content analytics tools would be, the bigger one being the growing popularity of social media.
Facts about Future Growth of the Content Analytics Software Market
Even though the content analytics software market is mature, there is plenty of room for it to keep growing. Current projected growth stands at a CAGR of 21.5% for the period from 2019 to 2027. With the global market size of $2.34 billion in 2018, it is clear that more growth is to be expected.
Implement Content Analytics Software Correctly in 3 Steps
How is content analytics done?
The best way is to implement an analytics tool to your website. Once the software picks up usage data, it will display it for you.
How does video content analytics work?
It detects how your video was found, how many people have seen it, and how they have behaved while watching it.
Why is content analytics important?
You get clear insight into how those engaging with your content are behaving. Over time, you can use the data to improve your content performance.
Why should you use content analytics?
It is the best way to get a detailed insight into your written, audio, or video content.
What is content analytics?
Content analytics is a process in which people’s behavior with the content on your website is monitored and recorded.
What is the best content analytics tool?
What is the most popular content analytics tool?
The most popular content analytics tool is Google Analytics.
Is content analytics software free?
Some solutions are completely free to use.
Why is content analytics software used?
It is the best way to improve content marketing efforts.
Does content analytics software help with SEO?
In short, yes, there are content analytics tools that will help you understand what keywords in your content attract traffic to your website.
The product recommendations in this article are made solely by the sponsor and are not recommendations made by VentureBeat.