Best Gaming Mouse for Fortnite 2021 • 10 Gaming Mouses for Fortnite Reviews
Choosing a gaming mouse is not easy. We will explore what is the best gaming mouse options available you can get for Fortnite, and or any other first-person shooter.
Gaming Mouse for Fortnite Leaderboard 2021
What is a gaming mouse for Fortnite?
A gaming mouse is a specialized type of mouse that is more sensitive and precise in comparison to a regular one. Furthermore, a gaming mouse usually features more buttons, enabling it to offer more game-centric functionality.
On top of that, it is also possible to create specific macros for specific games, which helps you optimize your mouse for every game individually. Usually, this advanced functionality is possible with the help of a specific proprietary software tool.
Let’s explore how these devices operate and go over more details about them.
How does a gaming mouse work?
A gaming mouse works just like regular ones. However, more sensitive sensors are usually used in gaming mice. At the bottom of the gaming mouse, there is a laser or an optical sensor with an LED to detect mouse motion. As you start moving the mouse, the sensors detect motion and send the signal to the computer to move the cursor on the computer’s display.
Advantages and Applications
A gaming mouse packs a lot of advantages when compared to a regular one. While some basic functions do look quite similar, there’s a wide range of features that makes them more customizable.
To begin with, a gaming mouse intended for games like Fortnite can be configured to weigh differently. We are all different; therefore, we are all going to find a distinct weight that the right choice for us. That kind of customizability is only reserved for specific types of gaming mice.
Additionally, companies that specialize in making gaming mice always focus on the ergonomics of their products. In the majority of cases—that is, not just a marketing gimmick—a gaming mouse will generally better fit in your hand than a regular one. The most advanced models even offer customizability when it comes to their ergonomics. Using such a mouse will be more comfortable for your hand over time.
Furthermore, players who enjoy playing first-person shooters want to use a sensitive mouse that will allow them to track enemies on the screen just the way they want. If you opt for a gaming mouse, you will immediately notice that there is a DPI switch. Clicking it changes your mouse sensitivity. But that is not all, you can also set up different profiles and save settings for a particular game. For example, you can set up your mouse to work one way in a game such as Counter-Strike, but in a completely different way for a game such as Fortnite.
Aside from the aforementioned advantages, you can always use the additional buttons for work-related purposes. Well-known brands offer utility software that will allow you to bind various operating system accessibility options, making it easier to navigate, improving overall productivity. These features vary from one manufacturer to another, but with a little bit of online research, you can easily see what you can expect from brands that interest you.
What types of gaming mice are out there?
There are several types of gaming mice you can purchase. We are going to mention the different types of mouse test winners. They are differentiated by the type of technology they utilize and for what games they are intended.
There are two ways in which gaming mice are different. They can either be laser or optical ones. While optical ones are more precise, you will need to invest in a higher quality mouse pad. On the other hand, a laser mouse will flawlessly perform on any kind of surface.
The other thing to know is that a gaming mouse can be wired or wireless. In the past, wireless mice were considered poor due to their latency, but several companies have managed to make mice that perform insanely well despite their wirelessness.
Different games will require you to use a different kind of mouse. For example, while an FPS game requires a lightweight mouse with only five or six buttons, RTS games or MMORPGs will require you to go with a gaming mouse with ten or more buttons. Therefore, make your pick according to your needs.
How a Gaming Mouse is Tested
When you take a look at various online resources, there are a couple of important ways in which gaming mice are compared to each other. These include the following.
- Sensor type
- Mouse design
- Weight adjustment
- RGB support
- Scroll resistance
Each of these features is used to measure how good a particular gaming mouse is. You can always focus on what’s important for you. For example, if you are getting a gaming mouse for Fortnite, it would be a good idea to focus on sensor type and mouse design. You want a precise mouse that can be used for hours.
What to Look for When Buying a Gaming Mouse
Purchasing a gaming mouse will require you to consider several things. Each of these is important in their own way. But of course, it all depends on your personal needs.
While a good mouse will come at a higher cost, do make sure that you are not simply overpaying for a gimmick. Focus on the value segment, it is the biggest one when it comes to these devices.
If you are planning to get the latest released gaming mouse, double-check what sensor it uses. Our suggestion is to go with a solution that has been tried and tested.
Opt for a comfortable mouse. You will be actively using it, so make sure that you are going with something you will find comfortable and won’t cause pain after extended use.
If you are someone who wants to sync their mouse with the colors of your PC, check whether the mouse supports RGB colors. These are some of the most important things to pay attention to. Evaluate your needs, and you will easily find the winner.
Leading Manufacturers and Current Leading Products
Internet Versus Retail Trade: Where should I buy my gaming mouse for Fortnite?
Given that you can do your research thoroughly online, you will easily be able to find the mouse that will perfectly fit your needs. We suggest that you opt for an online purchase option. The mouse will be on your doorstep in a matter of days.
Advantages and Disadvantages Based on Customer Reviews
- Software – Some software tools will require registration, and that is not something all customers are willing to endure just to use an expensive mouse.
- Malfunction – Some models have stopped working for a small number of people after only a couple of months.
- Physical damage – In some cases, there are mouse parts that fall apart on their own.
- Double click issues – For some customers, double click issues have appeared only a day after using a mouse.
- USB wire failure – There are cases in which the mouse’s cable stops working after only a couple of months.
- Nagging update requests – Some brands’ software will naggingly remind you to update it.
- Matching LED issues – Matching LED issues is a software issue that has happened to some customers.
- Bad switches – Expensive mice should have high-quality switches, which is not the case with all models on the market.
- Rubber grips falling off – This is unacceptable. Some customers have faced this issue after only a week of using their mouse.
- Customer support – For some customers, the brand’s customer support was non-responsive.
- Great battery life – Those who have opted for wireless gaming mice are satisfied with the battery life.
- Quality packaging – Some customers have reported that they appreciate the quality of the packaging in which their gaming mouse arrived.
- Smooth performance – A multitude of comments is related to the performance of their gaming mouse.
- User-friendly software – There are also comments mentioning how the software is easy to use.
- Precise in-game tracking – Users love their mouse’s performance when it comes to tracking enemies across different games.
- Easy button mapping – Programming all the mouse buttons is easy.
- Ergonomics- There are plenty of positive comments regarding the ergonomics of gaming mice.
- Weight – This feature is subjective. While some like how light their mouse is, others are happy that their choice has a bit more weight to it.
- Scroll wheel customization – FPS players love their wheel resistance customization.
- High-quality materials – Multiple comments describe how materials used in manufacturing are of high quality.
Interesting Facts and Advice
History of Gaming Mice
The first gaming mouse is considered to be the Razer Boomslang. Ever since 1999, the gaming mouse industry has propelled forward rapidly, as the whole niche is quite competitive nowadays, with numerous brands offering great products.
Interesting Facts about the Mouse
- The first mouse pad only came five years after the PC mouse was introduced.
- Do you feel rage when you are on your PC? You might be experiencing Mouse Rage Syndrome.
- The gaming mouse market is to continue growing in the next five years thanks to Bluetooth’s growing popularity.
Install Gaming Mouse for Fortnite in 5 Steps
10 Tips for Care
- Cable clips
- Large mouse pad
- Mouse cable holder
Can a gaming mouse be used as a normal mouse?
Yes, of course. Plus, you get to enjoy its ergonomic structure.
Can you clean a gaming mouse?
Yes, but how you clean it depends on the mouse type.
What gaming mouse should I get?
Consider your needs; that will make it clearer for you to make a choice.
Where should I buy a gaming mouse?
There are plenty of online retailers who have them available for purchase.
Will a gaming mouse work on a laptop?
Yes, it will.
Is a gaming mouse good for work?
Yes, it can be a great way to improve your productivity. Explore the features that you can incorporate into your work process.
Why use a gaming mouse?
Is a gaming mouse worth it?
If you are planning to actively use it, then yes.
Will a gaming mouse make a difference?
It will make a big difference in gaming. Otherwise, the biggest difference is in the ergonomic comfort it provides.
Is a gaming mouse durable?
Yes, in the majority of cases, gaming mice are made of high-quality materials.