Enterprise companies tackle mobile marketing automation slightly differently—and that's why they're on top. Register today for this free VB Insight webinar
with AEG's VP of Social and Marketing on May 28th
The iPhone is great for Apple, but to wireless network operators it’s a money-losing device whose benefits just haven’t materialized, says a new report from Denmark research firm Strand Consult.
The report lists what Strand says are 10 myths about the iPhone:
1. The iPhone drives data traffic into mobile operators networks
2. The iPhone helps operators attract new customers
3. The iPhone is good business for mobile operators
4. The iPhone is dominating the mobile services market
5. App store is a huge success that has revolutionized the services market
6. There is money to be made by developing applications for the iPhone
7. It is iPhone customers that are generating the majority of online mobile surfing traffic
8. The iPhone has a large market share
9.The iPhone was the first mobile phone with a touchscreen
10. The iPhone is a technologically advanced mobile phone.
While I’m waiting for my copy of the full report, here’s a prepared statement from Strand:
“Many of the conclusions that the media have published about the significance of the iPhone for mobile operators are not documented in the operators’ — or other key market players — financial statements. We can also conclude that the closer a relationship is between an operator and Apple, the larger negative influence it has on the operator’s overall business case from a shareholder’s viewpoint.”