Successful CMOs achieve growth by leveraging technology. Join us for GrowthBeat Summit on June 1-2 in Boston
, where we'll discuss how to merge creativity with technology to drive growth. Space is limited. Request your personal invitation here
Dogpatch Labs, the startup space run by Polaris Ventures, is welcoming a new group of companies to its San Francisco office on August 1.
Dogpatch describes itself as a “frathouse for geeks” and is basically a cross between an incubator and a coworking space. It’s a large office where entrepreneurs can use the desks, Internet, and phones, and hopefully bond with other startups. Unlike most incubators, Polaris doesn’t take equity in its companies — at most they pay rent (in some cases even that’s free), although residents can become Polaris investments down the road. Befitting the office’s loose structure, August 1 is just an approximate start date, with some companies moving in as early as mid-July.
To get more details about Dogpatch, you can watch my interview with Polaris’ Ryan Spoon and David Hegarty, chief executive of Dogpatch resident Hollrr, from February.
Here’s a list of the new residents, with descriptions provided by the companies themselves. Hopefully you’ll be reading more about them on VentureBeat soon.
- BitLev — Bitlev is a personal search application for users to find files across different devices and services.
- ChompOn — ChompOn is an open platform for businesses to run their own social flash sales.
- WiseStamp — WiseStamp’s email apps platform enables you to promote your interests, causes, social life or business in every email you send.
- Sponsoro — Sponsoro connects event and sponsors.
- Throwdown Hero — Still in stealth mode.
- Health Central Network — HealthCentral’s mission is to empower millions of people to improve and take control of their health and well-being.
- Movity — Search geo-data, local comments, conversations, safety stats, demographics, noise … visualized on maps.
- AllTrails — AllTrails is a member-driven outdoor enthusiast community that gives you unlimited access to trails, maps, reviews, and photos for 22 different activities including hiking, mountain biking and rock climbing.
- Social Times — The Social Times is a blog and content site featuring news and media regarding the social web.
- GroupStor — Still in stealth mode.
VentureBeat’s VB Insight team is studying marketing analytics...
Chime in here, and we’ll share the results