Enterprise companies tackle mobile marketing automation slightly differently—and that's why they're on top. Register today for this free VB Insight webinar
with AEG's VP of Social and Marketing on May 28th
The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers $1 million in cash or HP products for applications developed using the Palm webOS Plug-in Development Kit (PDK), and rewards developers of the most-installed free and highest-revenue paid applications. The count began July 15, 2010 and will last until September 30, 2010.
Get started now to give yourself the most time to win! Awards will be distributed as follows:
Your app – either free or paid – must be available to webOS users via Palm distribution programs by September 30, 2010 in order to qualify. In addition, the following criteria apply:
- The application must be developed using the Palm webOS Plug-in Development Kit (PDK).
- Downloads and revenue count will begin July 15, 2010.
- Apps must be available for download through an official Palm webOS distribution program (App Catalog Distribution, Web Distribution, or Beta Distribution).
- Apps available for Pre and Pixi that are identical except for package ID will be counted as one app.
- Apps developed by Palm employees or their direct relations are ineligible for awards.
All apps developed with Palm’s webOS PDK and made available through Palm app distribution mechanisms during the program period may be considered for the awards. You may receive only one $100,000 or $50,000 award; if one of your apps qualifies for either a $100,000 or $50,000 award in either the free or paid category, you may not receive any other $100,000 or $50,000 awards in either category. You may receive multiple awards for applications in the third and fourth tiers.
Only downloads made between 12:00 midnight, July 15, 2010, and 11:59 p.m., September 30, 2010, will be considered for the awards. Award winners will be notified in October 2010. Palm will verify that there has been no manipulation of download counts to assure fairness. Winners must provide information to Palm so that a U.S. 1099 form can be issued for tax purposes; all awards are subject to U.S. and local tax laws.
Please see the official terms and conditions of the Palm Hot Apps Program for complete details.