Want to master the CMO role? Join us for GrowthBeat Summit on June 1-2 in Boston
, where we'll discuss how to merge creativity with technology to drive growth. Space is limited and we're limiting attendance to CMOs and top marketing execs. Request your personal invitation here
The 2011 Crunchies Awards are coming up. We’re happy to announce that we’ll be co-hosting the event, along with our friends at TechCrunch and GigaOm, as we have done every year since the awards started in 2007.
This annual celebration of startups and technology will be held on January 31, and it’s moving to the Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco, a gorgeous venue that seats over 2,000 people, so there will be twice the capacity of previous shows. Tickets will be released in batches, starting in early December.
Polling has just opened, so be sure nominate your favorite startups, founders, and investors across 20 categories. The nomination deadline is midnight Pacific time on December 13 and finalists will be announced in early January 2012.
Check out the rules here, and see the Crunchies categories (along with last year’s winners) below:
- Best Technology Achievement (2010: Google Self Driving Cars)
- Best Social Application (2010: DailyBooth)
- Best Shopping Application (2010: Groupon)
- Best Mobile Application (2010: Google Mobile Maps for Android)
- Best Local Application (new for 2011)
- Best Tablet Application (2010: Flipboard)
- Best Design (2010: gogobot)
- Best Bootstrapped Startup (2010: Addmired)
- Best Cloud Service (new for 2011)
- Best International Startup (2010: Viki)
- Best Clean Tech Startup (2010: SolarCity)
- Best New Device (2010: ipad)
- Best Time Sink (2010: Cityville)
- Biggest Social Impact (new for 2011)
- Angel of the Year (2010: Paul Graham)
- VC of the Year (2010: Yuri Milner)
- Founder of the Year (2010: Mark Pincus)
- CEO of the Year (2010: Andrew Mason)
- Best New Startup of 2010 (2010: Quora)
- Best Overall Startup of 2010 (2010: Twitter)
[Photo Credit: TechCrunch]
VentureBeat’s VB Insight team is studying email marketing tools.
Chime in here, and we’ll share the results