A recent survey by Match.com has revealed Android users need lovin’ a little quicker than iPhone and Blackberry users.
The survey was broken down by Match.com’s “Relationship Insider” Kimberly Moffit, who revealed that 75 percent of Canadian singles believe e-mail and texting have significantly improved their dating life. “More so than zodiac signs or astrology, smart phones are the new way Canadian singles can decode their dating style and determine if they’ve met their match,” wrote Moffit.
So, what does your smartphone say about your life love?
iPhone Users: The Office Romantic
- iPhone addicts are the most likely to date someone in their workplace. Nearly a quarter of iPhone singles have had an office romance in the last five years.
- After a first date, iPhone users wait just one day to reach out, while Android or BlackBerry users will wait until after 2-3 dates.
BlackBerry Users: The Drunk Dialer
- If you’re dating a BlackBerry fan, prepare to imbibe. BlackBerry users are most likely to drink alcohol on a first date – 72 percent will have a boozy beverage on a first night out.
- A whopping 67 percent of BlackBerry users say they have experienced love at first sight.
Android Users: The Seducer
- Android users are most likely to be seduced on a first date. 62 percent of Android singles say they’ve done the deed after date number one, compared to 57 per cent of iPhone users and 48 percent of BlackBerry users.
- Out of all smart phone users, Android fans are most likely to have a one-night stand (55 percent).
- 72 percent of Android fans have visited an online dating site, compared to 58 percent of iPhone users and 50 percent of Blackberry users.
Unfortunately Boost Mobile users did not factor in to the survey. We’ve reached out to Match.com to demand answers (not really).
Via The Canadian Press
Mobile developer or publisher? VentureBeat is studying mobile marketing automation.
Fill out our 5-minute survey
, and we'll share the data with you.