The inaugural DEMO Asia is the premier launchpad event for high-tech Asian products.
It’s also a great place for non-Asian companies to launch products into the Asian marketplace.
The event — taking place next Wednesday, February 29 – March 2 at Matrix @ Biopolis in Singapore — will gather an audience of technology press, venture and angel investors, buyers, entrepreneurs, corporate and business development professionals, and other tech professionals.
VentureBeat’s own editor-in-chief, Matt Marshall, is executive producer for DEMO and will be helping emcee the event.
Over 30 companies will launch at DEMO Asia, each hand-selected by our partner team in Singapore. They’ll each have six minutes on the DEMO stage to demonstrate how their product will change the world and vie for the coveted DEMOguru Awards and the People’s Choice Award. Another 20+ innovators will be presenting their prototypes in the Alpha Pitch segment, where they’ll have just 90 seconds to pitch.
Judging the pitches will be an accomplished group of DEMO Sages, including the following:
- Zane Adam, Senior Director, Azure Asia, Microsoft
- Michel Birnbaum, General Partner, iGlobe Partners
- Simone Brunozzi, Technology Evangelist, Amazon Web Services, APAC
- Michelle Guthrie, JAPAC Dir. of Strategic Business Development, Google
- Rebeca Hwang, Co-founder, Younoodle
- Arnon Kohavi, Founder, Yarden VC
- Dr. Gopi Kurup, CEO, Telekom Malaysia Research & Development
- Vinnie Lauria, Co-Founder, Lefora
- Jessica Tan, Managing Director, Microsoft Singapore
- Chris Shipley, Founder, Guidewire Group
In addition to the pitches and networking events, there will one-on-one chat sessions and focus events. These sessions will feature high-level speakers hailing from the consumer technology, social media, digital and mobile technologies, and life/bio-science industries. Speakers include:
- Jeff Clavier, Founder, SoftTech VC
- Adeo Ressi, CEO, Founder Institute
- Robert Kim, Director Consumer Infocomm, IDA Singapore
- Dr Ni Zhengdong, Founder, Zero2IPO
- Marc van der Chijs, Co-Founder, Tudou.com
- Michael Yap, Exec. Director, Interactive & Digital Media Program Office, Singapore.
DEMO Asia is the latest addition to the DEMO family, which has earned a reputation throughout the last 20 years for consistently identifying new innovations that are most likely to disrupt the markets they serve and change the way we use technology.
The event is right around the corner, and tickets are limited. You can grab yours here.
[image via Sprengben/flickr]
VB's research team is studying web-personalization... Chime in here, and we’ll share the results.