Enterprise companies tackle mobile marketing automation slightly differently—and that's why they're on top. Register today for this free VB Insight webinar
with AEG's VP of Social and Marketing on May 28th
Facebook has updated its popular iPad app with much-welcome support for the new iPad’s Retina display and needed fixes like the ability to sign out of chat.
After a seriously long wait, Facebook finally released its Apple iPad app to the public this past October. The app functions much like the Facebook site and the iOS app. But as Facebook’s more than 750 million users seem to love photos, the app needed updating to support the iPad’s fantastic Retina display, which is one of the best-looking screens on the market.
On top of new support for the Retina display, the app also adds the following fixes:
– You can go offline in chat
– The right profile picture appears for everyone
– Your list of friends always includes all your friends
– In sets of photos, your name is displayed correctly
– Photos of people who like Facebook Pages load correctly
– Your friend-request notification only lights up if you have a request
– You can change your language to Czech, Danish, Greek, Indonesian, Malaysian, Norwegian (Bokmal), Portuguese (Portugal) or Thai
The fix I like most is the ability to sign out of chat. There are many times where I’ve wanted to check Facebook and not be seen as online by friends, so now I can do that. Profile pictures and request notifications working correctly are also welcome.
VentureBeat’s VB Insight team is studying marketing and personalization...
Chime in here, and we’ll share the results