Ashton Kutcher is the most influential tech investor on Twitter, with Guy Kawasaki and Richard Branson rounding out the top three, according to new research from PeekAnalytics.
The PeekAnalytics report “Top 1,000 Tech Investors on Twitter” lists all kinds of investors across the spectrum and ranks them by influence. PeekAnalytics is a relatively new product from New York-based PeekYou, which has attracted $1.9 million in funding and measures social influence across networks, provides a free people search, and helps companies measure social graph data. PeekYou CEO Michael Hussey told us the company had seen a large demand for profiling top social influencers.
Sponsored by VB
The product competes with Klout, which also measures social influence. But unlike Klout’s engagement rankings, PeekAnalytics’ rankings derive from “the quality of your audience,” Hussey said. If you multiply the number of followers someone has by the number of people in the followers’ networks, you get a “pull quotient,” by which you can rank audience quality.
Kutcher, for example, has more than 11 million followers. Those followers have an average network size of 404 across more than 60 social networks. Just under him is Guy Kawasaki, who has about 1 million followers with an average network size of 2,856. “Guy has a tenth of the followers of Ashton, but his followers have a larger network,” Hussey said.
But enough about that. Here are the rankings:
1. Ashton Kutcher (@aplusk) — A-Grade Investments
2. Guy Kawaskai (@GuyKawasaki) — Garage Technology Ventures
3. Richard Branson (@richardbranson) — Virgin Investments
4. Jack Dorsey (@jack) — Angel
5. Evan Williams (@ev) — Obvious Corp.
6. Biz Stone (@biz) — Obvious Corp.
7. Jonah Lupton (@JonahLupton) — Parabolic Ventures
8. Al Gore (@algore) — Generation Investment
9. Gary Vaynerchuk (@garyvee) — Angel
10. Kevin Rose (@kevinrose) — Google Ventures
11. Mark Cuban (@mcuban) — Angel
12. Jeff Pulver (@jeffpulver) — Hafooch Investments
13. Jason Calacanis (@jason) — LAUNCH
14. Chris Sacca (@Sacca) — Lowercase Capital
15. Om Malik (@om) — True Ventures
16. Tim Ferriss (@tferriss) — Angel
17. Bill Liao (@liaonet) — SOSventures
18. Fred Wilson (@fredwilson) — Union Square Ventures
19. Eric Schmidt (@ericschmidt) — TomorrowVentures
20. Dick Costolo (@Dickc) — Angel
21. Richard Simmonds (@RichSimmondsZA) — Angel
22. Steve Case (@stevecase) — Revolution
23. Padmasree Warrior (@padmasree) — Angel
24. Peter Shankman (@petershankman) — Angel
25. Mark Bailey (@VentureOutlook) — Draper Fisher Jurvetson
26. Michael Arrington (@arrington) — CrunchFund
27. Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) — Angel
28. Marissa Mayer (@marissamayer) — Angel
29. Dave Morin (@davemorin) — Angel
30. Chad Hurley (@chad_hurley) — Angel
For more detail on the Top 30 rankings, click the image below:
Update: Anil Dash asked to be taken off the list, so we’ve bumped #31 Chad Hurley and a few others up a slot.
Ashton Kutcher photo: TechCrunch/Flickr
VB’s research team is studying mobile user acquisition... Chime in here, and we’ll share the results.