Spotify recently announced that it has reached more than 4 million paying subscribers and 15 million total active users. That’s a 25 percent paid user growth in just eight months. Part of that stellar growth stems from its availability across desktops, Macs, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry. Now it hopes to attract the Kindle Fire crowd to the service.
Notably, the Kindle Fire app includes free Pandora-like radio, so even if you’re not a paying Spotify customer, you can still get some usage out of the app. The radio app allows you to generate stations from artists or songs. Free users will have advertisements and won’t have unlimited skips, but premium users will have no ads and unlimited skips.
The app also includes the following features:
· Full support for Android 4.0
· Free mobile free radio
· Slide-out navigation
· Social features – check out friends’ profile pages and playlists on the go
· Artist imagery in high resolution
· Related artist view – available for the first time on mobile
· ‘Extreme’ sound quality setting for 320 kbps listening
Photo credit: file404/Shutterstock