In an offer that might be too good to pass up, Google is giving away free and discounted access to Boingo Wi-Fi at eight malls and 16 airports.
Sponsored by Google Offers, the initiative‘s intent is to raise the profile of the search company’s deals service. The campaign is the second to be sponsored by Google Offers, which is already subsidizing access to Boingo Wi-Fi at subway stations and other locations in Manhattan.
The best news is for those who want to browse on the web while shopping (or enduring a loved one’s shopping trip). Boingo Wi-Fi will be completely free of charge at eight malls in cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tampa, Fla.
Sponsored by VB
Additionally, Google Offers is running a deal for 50 percent off 24-hour access to Boingo Wi-Fi at various U.S. airports, such as New York’s John F. Kennedy and LaGuardia, Chicago’s O’Hare and Midway, and Houston’s Hobby and George Bush Intercontinental. The full list of airports is included below.
- Austin, Texas: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Chicago, Ill.: O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Midway Airport (MDW)
- Denver, Colo.: Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Detroit, Mich.: Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW)
- Houston, Texas: William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) and George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Milwaukee, Wis.: Milwaukee County’s General Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Minneapolis, Minn.: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
- New York, N.Y.: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Oklahoma City, Okla.: Will Rogers World Airport (OKC)
- St. Louis, Mo.: Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL)
- Washington, D.C.: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) and Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Mall photo via Shutterstock
VB's research team is studying mobile user acquisition... Chime in here, and we’ll share the results.