VANCOUVER, British Columbia — I’m at local accelerator GrowLab’s demo day today, where the Spring 2012 cohort of 11 startups will be presenting the fruits of their last four months of work in the GrowLab incubator.
Those companies include:
- Wantering: Wantering is your personal shopper for the web.
- Foodee: A new product from Invoke Media, the maker of HootSuite. Food.ee simplifies group ordering of delivery food for offices.
- Skyscrpr: Skyscrpr is a revenue management and optimization platform. Independent publishers monetize their sites through various sources like display ads, sponsored content and social.
- BlueBat: Bluebat is the innovator of the BlueBox engine, an end-to-end software-development environment for the creation of social games on Facebook and mobile.
- Cinecoup: Cinecoup is blending the studio and agency model with a social web platform to disrupt the way $1 million to $5 million independent feature films are developed, financed, and distributed.
- Mover.io: Mover uncomplicates the migration of data into and around cloud storage platforms. Our customers are IT managers, cloud storage providers, and your average consumer.
- Karmahire: KarmaHire is an video interview and interactive skill-testing platform that helps companies hire better talent 10-times faster.
- Weeve: Weeve is a crowdfunding platform that allows nonprofit organizations to raise money and awareness for their cause 100 percent free.
- Battlefy: Battlefy is the online destination for gamers to organize, play, and watch eSports (competitive play of video games).
- Next36 company – Kira: Kira is a collaborative platform that accelerates the interview process using video — leaving behind stacks of impersonal resumes and applications.
Have a favorite? Want to know more about it?
Let me know on Twitter – I’ll do my best to get a full interview and overview.
Image credit: John Koetsier