Calling all cloud fanatics! Nominations are open for our Innovation Showdown, one of the highlights of the CloudBeat 2012 conference (Nov. 28-29) at the Sofitel Hotel in Redwood City.
Returning for its second year, we’re looking for examples of innovation in, and around, the cloud. Do you have a product or service that will change how businesses serve customers, empower employees and deliver tangible value to investors?
This is your opportunity to showcase that fresh idea, disruptive technology or product, with special consideration for those that haven’t been widely publicized yet. Whether you’re a tiny startup in a garage in Cupertino or an established company, we’re looking for any and all examples of innovation in the cloud. To get an idea of what we’re looking for, check out VentureBeat’s round-up of last year’s competitors here.
Here’s how it will work. Finalists will have four minutes to showcase their innovative cloud technologies live at CloudBeat 2012. Our team of judges— made up of industry experts, venture capitalists, and actual enterprise customers — will provide feedback on the products/services presented. Ultimately, our sages will recap the highlights of the competition and determine the winner.
The Showdown winner will be announced onstage at CloudBeat 2012 and will receive a VentureBeat editorial profile, introductions to investors and/or relevant potential customers in our network, and other prizes yet to be announced. Additionally, the audience will get to choose its favorite new product or service. The winner of the “People’s Choice” award will also be announced live onstage.
We’ll be announcing the ten finalists on October 31 to present to a packed house. Tickets for CloudBeat are selling fast, so don’t forget to register!
What are the guidelines and other rules?
- A short video telling us more about your company or product must be included with your application. This should not be an elaborate production. We are just looking for a no frills video of the entrepreneur or executive talking about the idea, so that we know it is concise and clear enough.
- All applications must be received no later than October 31, 2012, at 5pm PST.
- A person from your company (ideally the person in the video) must be available to pitch live on stage CloudBeat 2012.
- We do not allow powerpoints; instead you can do a demo, video, screenshots or other creative ways of presenting your technology.
- If you are a startup and/or have received less than 10 million in funding, we will provide you with a mandatory “bootcamp” where experts will help you to hone your pitch (don’t worry, this will be amazingly useful).
- We’ll accept products that haven’t even been launched yet, and in fact we’d encourage this, and prioritize this.
Apply for the Innovation Showdown here. We’re looking forward to seeing you at CloudBeat 2012!
CloudBeat 2012 is assembling the biggest names in the cloud’s evolving story to learn about real cases of revolutionary cloud adoption. Unlike other cloud events, customers — the users of cloud technologies — will be front and center. Their discussions with vendors and other experts will give you rare insights into what really works, who’s buying what, and where the industry is going. Register now and save 25 percent! The early-bird discount ends September 14.
Special thanks to the industry leaders who are supporting CloudBeat 2012: Ping Identity as Gold Sponsor; New Relic, dotCloud, Huddle, and Oxygen Cloud as Silver Sponsors; and CollabNet, Aria, Apprenda, Nasdaq OMX, Scality, Egnyte, Norwest Venture Partners, Silicon Valley Bank, RingCentral, and Scale Venture Partners as Event Sponsors.
VentureBeat is creating an index of the top 'arms merchants' of the cloud. Take a look at our initial suggestions and complete the survey to help us build a definitive index. We’ll publish the official index later this month, and for those who fill out surveys, we’ll send you an expanded report free of charge.