Want to master the CMO role? Join us for GrowthBeat Summit on June 1-2 in Boston
, where we'll discuss how to merge creativity with technology to drive growth. Space is limited and we're limiting attendance to CMOs and top marketing execs. Request your personal invitation here
Startups, start your engines! We are now accepting nominations for the 6th Annual Crunchies Awards, which celebrate technology innovation, entrepreneurship, and startups.
This is the 6th year that VentureBeat has co-hosted these awards, along with GigaOm and TechCrunch. Over the years, they’ve become quite a big deal, attracting thousands of nominations and hundreds of attendees at the actual event.
Like last year, this year’s awards ceremony and party will be held in Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco. It happens on Thursday, January 31, 2013. It’s a gala occasion that celebrates the best that the startup world has to offer.
Between now and then, the awards will go through several stages.
Nominations open: November 1, 2012
Nominations close: December 6, 2012
Once all the nominations are in, judges from the three hosting publications will narrow the entrants down to five finalists in each categories. We’ll post the finalists, and you’ll have a chance to vote on your favorites.
Finalists posted, voting begins: January 3, 2013
Voting closes: January 24, 2013
We’ll announce the winners on January 31, 2013, at the awards ceremony.
So get your Crunchies nominations in now. Want to know more? Check the official Crunchies rules.
The 6th Annual Crunchies Awards are co-hosted by GigaOm, TechCrunch and VentureBeat. Check out TechCrunch’s post about the nominations, and read GigaOm’s nominations post too.
Here are this year’s award categories, along with the names of last year’s winners:
- Best Technology Achievement (2011: Siri)
- Best Collaborative Consumption Service (New for 2012)
- Best E-Commerce Application (New for 2012)
- Best Mobile Application (2011: Evernote)
- Fastest Rising Startup (New for 2012)
- Best Content Discovery Application (New for 2012)
- Best Design (2011: Path 2.0)
- Best Bootstrapped Startup (2011: Imgur)
- Sexiest Enterprise Startup (New for 2012)
- Best International Startup (2011: Peixe Urbano)
- Best Education Startup (New for 2012)
- Best Hardware Startup (New for 2012)
- Best Time Sink (2011: Words With Friends)
- Biggest Social Impact (2011: Twitter)
- Angel of the Year (2011: Reid Hoffman)
- VC of the Year (2011: Marc Andreessen & Ben Horowitz)
- Founder of the Year (2011: Jack Dorsey)
- CEO of the Year (2011: Jeff Weiner)
- Best New Startup of 2012 (2011: Pinterest)
- Best Overall Startup of 2012 (2011: Dropbox)
Good luck, and may the best startups win!
Top photo: Co-hosts of the 5th annual Crunchies Erick Schonfeld (TechCrunch), Om Malik (GigaOm), and Matt Marshall (VentureBeat). Photo credit: TechCrunch
VentureBeat’s VB Insight team is studying email marketing tools.
Chime in here, and we’ll share the results