This sponsored post is produced by StackSocial.
Have you ever want to learn a programming language but just haven’t known where to begin? Not only that, but you’re not sure how much time it will take – or if you have the time to invest? And just how challenging is it to learn a language like Ruby on Rails?
VentureBeat has a deal that answers all of those questions. It’s a tutorial called Ruby on Rails: a Programmer’s Best Friend, and it can be yours for just $59 – but only for a limited time. This Ruby on Rails tutorial for beginners is the perfect comprehensive video guided tour of modern Rails web development.
Sponsored by VB
With this course you’ll get a grasp on the newest, most effective approach to web development as Micheal Hartl walks you through the entire Rails development process: installing and setting up Rails, designing Rails applications with MVC and REST, building dynamic pages, coding effectively in Ruby, implementing registration and authentication, adding social features, even testing and deployment.
Here are the key features of the course:
- Over 14 lectures and 19.5 hrs of content!
- Master core Rails concepts including the Model View Controller design pattern
- Learn how to master key Rails techniques, including REST, security, data modeling, messaging, and more
- Also covers RSS, search, caching, social features, performance, testing, refactoring and real-world deployment
Who is this course ideal for?
- Experienced web developers who are new to Rails
- Java programmers eager to master web application
The instructor behind this course is Michael Hartl. Hartl is a programmer, educator, and entrepreneur. He was co-author of RailsSpace, a Rails tutorial book published in 2007, and was co-founder and lead developer of Insoshi, a popular social networking platform in Ruby on Rails.
So if you’re looking to get into the basics of Ruby on Rails and don’t want to dig too deep into your wallet to do so, this course can’t be beat. Grab this VentureBeat Store offer while you can!