The company formerly known as RIM launched its new BlackBerry 10 platform for mobile devices today with an impressive list of applications.
BlackBerry (RIM’s new name) said it has over 70,000 apps for the platform (although most of those might have been available already), including a ton that are already available on rival platforms. This is essential because BlackBerry devices have undoubtedly declined in popularity among consumers.
BlackBerry also touted BB10 support for mobile games from companies such as EA, Disney, Rovio, Sega, and Gameloft.
And in addition to the big-name apps, BlackBerry also tried to entice developers to submit apps to the platform by offering them $100 per approved application.
We’ve compiled a short list of BB10 apps mentioned in today’s BlackBerry World event below.
List of BlackBerry 10 apps:
- Whatsapp Messenger
- ESPN ScoreCenter
- Slacker Radio
- The Economist
- The Weather Channel
- Angry Birds
- USA Today
More BlackBerry 10 news:
- BlackBerry 10 kicks off with Z10, Q10 smartphones
- Alicia Keys named BlackBerry’s global creative director
- Research in Motion renames itself just ‘BlackBerry’
- BlackBerry investors unimpressed with BB10, stock down 8%
- BlackBerry isn’t giving up on the PlayBook yet — tablet-focused services in the works
- BlackBerry’s popular BBM app adds video calling & screen sharing
- BlackBerry’s web store finally gets music, TV shows & movies
VB's research team is studying web-personalization... Chime in here, and we’ll share the results.