Gaming execs: Join 180 select leaders
from King, Glu, Rovio, Unity, Facebook, and more to plan your path to global domination in 2015. GamesBeat Summit
is invite-only -- apply here
. Ticket prices increase
on April 3rd!
After secretly filing to go public last month, Twitter finally released its IPO filing today.
Companies that make less than $1 billion in revenue can file confidentially under the JOBS Act. They do this so as to conceal information about the company and woo potential underwriters without the scrutiny of the press or analysts. But today we know a lot more about Twitter than we ever have before.
Let’s check out what Twitter looks like by the numbers:
- Twitter is planning a $1 billion IPO and hopes its symbol will be TWTR — it has not chosen an exchange yet.
- It is offering 472,613,753 shares of stock.
- It made $316 million in revenue in 2012, $253 million for the six months ended June 30, 2013.
- However, Twitter had net losses of $79 million in 2012 and $69 million for the six months ended June 30, 2013.
- Twitter has 200 million monthly active users; half of that use the social network daily.
- People have tweeted over 300 billion times with 500 million tweets coming through every day.
- Mobile made up over 65 percent of Twitter’s advertising revenue just in the three months ended June 30, 2013 (why it doesn’t count the six months, we don’t know).
- Twitter has over 2,000 full-time employees, with its headquarters in San Francisco.
- It has 214,950 square feet of office space for all those people.
- It currently has seven underwriters: Goldman, Sachs & Co.; Bank of America Merrill Lynch; Morgan Stanley; J.P. Morgan; Deutsche Bank Securities; CODE Advisors; and Allen & Company LLC.
- It would take 5,878 tweets to public Twitter’s entire IPO filing on Twitter (thanks Derek Thompson!)
Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest information about what you find interesting. Simply find the public streams you find most compelling and follow the conversations. At the heart of Twitter are s... read more »
Powered by VBProfiles
VentureBeat’s VB Insight team is studying email marketing tools.
Chime in here, and we’ll share the results