This sponsored post is produced by Leawo.
Backing up your Blu-ray and DVD movies on your computer (PC or Mac) is now much easier than ever before thanks to online software such as Leawo Blu-ray Ripper for Win and Blu-ray Ripper for Mac, which receive high ratings from ordinary people and professional online software editors.
Leawo’s Blu-ray Ripper is a professional Blu-ray ripping and converting program to decrypt, rip, and convert Blu-ray/DVD movies to videos and extract audio from such discs. This Blu-ray Ripper software helps people convert to various formats, like MKV, MP4, MOV, 3GP, MP3, AVI, FLV, and more, for playback on iOS devices, Android smartphones and tablets, Windows media players, various smartphones, and more. Leawo Blu-ray Ripper offers 180-plus output profiles specified for multiple devices. Advanced users could even customize the profile video and audio parameters of output files according to their devices or players. Leawo Blu-ray also offers other practical bonus features, like subtitle and audio track selecting, video editing, and 3D movie creation.
The above is just a brief description about the functions and features of Leawo Blu-ray Ripper. But what about its practical performance? Would this Blu-ray ripping software meet its claims? After a series of tests on multiple Blu-ray and DVD discs and folders, the following features within Leawo Blu-ray Ripper impressed us a lot:
- Excellent Blu-ray decryption performance: “Leawo Blu-ray Ripper easily outranked its competitors in terms of functionalities and modifiable features. Perhaps most important to note is the program’s powerful, built-in decryption, which removes common Blu-ray copy protections and region codes that can block copying of the disc, including the latest AACS protections (AACS is the standard that has officially been adopted as the access restriction scheme for Blu-ray discs),” editors of TopTenReview said. Leawo’s Blu-ray Ripper could decrypt and rip Blu-ray discs with AACS, BD+ and the latest MKB protection, and rip CSS-DVD discs easily. Some latest released Blu-ray discs have been taken into test, including Man of Steel, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty, and more. These Blu-ray discs are in various region codes. Leawo Blu-ray Ripper requires no effort to remove the disc protection and region code restriction. All these Blu-ray discs are smoothly decrypted and converted.
- Abundant profiles available: Leawo’s Blu-ray Ripper offers users with 180+ profiles to choose as output format including like HD MP4, HD AVI, HD MOV, HD TS, HD TRP, HD VOB, HD MPG, HD WMV, HD ASF, MP4-AVC, MP4-XviD, MP4-H.264, AVI, ASF, WEBM, MOV, RMVB, FLV, F4V, TS, DAT, WMV, MKV, etc. This Blu-ray ripping software even offers preset profiles for specific devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android devices, PSP, Windows Phones, etc. This saves a lot time and energy for users to get desired output profiles. What’s more, for advanced users, Leawo’s Blu-ray Ripper even allows them to custom the video and audio parameters of output profiles so as to make the output files more suitable to their devices, like video codec, bit rate, quality, aspect ratio, video size, frame rate, audio codec, channel, etc. With such abundant profiles preset, users could rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD to video or audio for multiple uses: playback on various media players, editing in iMovie or FCP (Mac version), or uploading to YouTube or blog for sharing.
- Subtitle and audio tracks selecting: Leawo Blu-ray Ripper automatically detects the subtitle and audio tracks available on the disc and lists all the titles available, allowing users to select only the relevant pieces. The built-in player allows users to preview selected subtitles and audio tracks so as to make the final decision.
- Advanced 2D to 3D converting: Leawo’s Blu-ray Ripper not only helps users convert Blu-ray/DVD movies but also allows users to create 3D movies out of 2D Blu-ray/DVD movies via the internal 2D to 3D converter. Users may create 3D movies in six different 3D effects: Red/Cyan, Red/Green, Red/Blue, Blue/Yellow, Interleaved, and Side by Side. The adjustable 3D depth could make the result 3D movies more vivid. People could choose to get one output file with 3D effect or all. Axel Gerken, the software editor of DownloadMix, said this software is “Highly Recommended” upon this amazing 3D movie creating capacity.
- Practical video editing: Featuring an internal video editor, Leawo’s Blu-ray Ripper allows users to trim video length, crop video size, adjust video effect (brightness, contrast, saturation, volume zoom), apply image or text watermark, and more. The Mac version of Blu-ray Ripper even allows users to rotate videos for special angles of view.
- Easy to use: Leawo’s Blu-ray Ripper is one of the easiest pieces of conversion software to use. It’s not complicated at all to download and install this Blu-ray ripping program on your computer. When you start, the program shows a quite simple and easy to understand guidance on the “import>set profile >convert” operating procedure. This program is easy to use for all levels of users — no technique knowledge required.
The converting speed and media preview might be not as impressive as the aforementioned shinning spots. To rip and convert a Blu-ray disc, it may take some time considering how large these files are. But Leawo Blu-ray Ripper ensures the high quality output video and audio after conversion. The media preview with the built-in media player is sometimes choppy, but it’s usually smooth and fluent as expected.
So, a clearer conclusion on the program’s pros and cons.
- Powerful Blu-ray disc decryption
- Wide support of video/audio formats and devices
- User-friendly subtitle selecting, 3D movie creating, profile customizing, and video editing features
- Ultra-easy-to-use interface
- Satisfactory output picture quality
- Moderate conversion speed
With easy-to-use and a straightforward program interface, Leawo’s Blu-ray Ripper is no doubt a good choice for all levels of users. Powered by excellent Blu-ray/DVD disc-decryption technology, Leawo’s Blu-ray Ripper never fails in decrypting and converting any Blu-ray and DVD disc. Featuring 180-plus preset profiles and with profiles customizable, people can use this Blu-ray ripping software to rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD movies for multiple uses. With a huge selection of options and features, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper comes close to be perfect Blu-ray ripping software and is without question the smart choice to convert Blu-ray/DVD to HD and common video formats.
What others say about Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is not the perfect tool on the market, but it has ease of use on its side. It does not take long to learn the ropes and it packs the necessary flexibility to create your own conversion profiles or adjust the existing ones to your needs. — Softpedia editor Ionut Ilascu, who gave 4 stars out of 5 to Leawo Blu-ray Ripper.
The Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is a breeze to use and understand. Even with a huge selection of options and features, the software doesn’t feel bogged down by them. There really are so many reasons to choose this Blu-ray to iPad converter. The video conversion quality was among the best we’ve seen and the speed was awesome. Simply put, we love this application. — TopTenReviews, who prized Leawo Blu-ray Ripper as the No.1 Blu-ray converter to convert Blu-ray to iPad videos.
Leawo has decided to give out this Blu-ray Ripper to celebrate the 2013 Halloween holiday as a totally free Halloween Giveaway from Oct. 21t to Nov. 1. And when the Halloween holiday ends, all VentureBeat readers get a permanent 30 percent off coupon code (coupon code=VBPBDR30) to purchase this Blu-ray ripping software.