This sponsored post is produced by Leawo.
With the spread of iCloud, Apple users now have a more convenient tool to store and back up data and files from their iOS devices. iTunes backup also helps iPhone/iPad/iPod users easily back up data files. However, what about the data files on your iPhone/iPad/iPod that aren’t backed up on iCloud or iTunes — and that you unfortunately deleted by mistake? Though iCloud and iTunes helps you store, share, and back up data files among various iOS devices, they both lack tools to help you recover deleted data files. A data-recovery program could be of great help, and Leawo iOS Data Recovery is just that.
Leawo iOS Data Recovery is comprehensive iOS-based data recovery software. Its deep scans analyze and recover deleted, reformatted, and damaged files from most iOS devices, including the Apple’s latest gadgets: the iPhone 5s/5c, iPod touch 5, iPad Air, and iPad Mini 2 — and it works with iOS 7 as well. It can rescue multiple types of files: photos and videos, contacts, messages (MMS/SMS/iMessages), call history, calendars, reminders, notes, and more. It also extracts iTunes backups of up to 12 types of data files to your PC. So even if you don’t backup your files on iCloud or iTunes, with iOS Data Recovery, you don’t need to worry about losing important files.
iOS Data Recovery seems quite practical and useful. However, what about the real performance and the operating progress of this iPhone/iPad/iPod data recovery program? It surprised me. Here are some impressive highlights from my testing of this program:
- Wide support of iOS devices: iOS Data Recovery claims it can recover data from the latest iOS 7 devices. After testing it with an iPhone 5s, I found that this claim is true. My tests show it supports other iOS devices as well, including the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, iPod Touch, iPad 4 — even devices as old as the iPhone 3GS and the original iPad.
- Recover multiple data files: This iOS Data Recovery can recover up to 12 types of data files, including camera roll (photos and videos), photo stream (photos), photo library (photos and images), contacts, messages (MMS, SMS, iMessages), message attachments (photos, videos, contacts, and voice memos), voice memos, call history, calendar, notes, reminders, and Safari bookmarks.
- iTunes backup extractor: Leawo iOS Data Recovery also extracts iTunes backups. It can scan iTunes backup’s unreadable .sqlitedb file and extract the 12 types of files mentioned above.
- Two data recovering modes are available: General mode and DFU mode. Under DFU data-recovery mode, it rescued six types of deleted data files, including: contacts, messages (MMS/SMS/iMessages), call history, calendars, reminders and notes. General mode recovers six types of deleted data: contacts, messages (MMS/SMS/iMessages), call history, calendars, reminders, and notes.
- User-friendly custom features: iOS Data Recovery helps you quickly find files by searching the file name/extensions; filter and sort files by setting parameters like name, title, type, date, etc.; preview files you want to recover in intuitive thumbnails; and more. These features help you recover deleted files easily, smoothly, and correctly.
- Easy to use program interface: In the main program interface, you can choose to recover data files from iOS devices or iTunes backups. A simply click starts a scan of all deleted data files on iOS devices. It displays all scanned files, making previews a snap. The whole operation is quite easy to understand — no special technical knowledge required.
As claimed, this iOS Data Recovery can recover data files you lose from iOS upgrades, jailbreaks, factory-setting restorations, accidental deletion, broken or formatted storage device, or other, unexpected causes. I tested the recovery of iPhone 4 data lost due to accidental user error. During the recovery, the DFU recovering mode result was satisfactory. The whole data recovering process is quite fast and smooth.
By combining the product descriptions on Leawo’s website and my personal experience, I’ve got a straightforward and simplified summary on the advantages and disadvantages of Leawo iOS Data Recovery:
- Support to retrieve data from all iOS devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch).
- Recovery for 12 types of data files, including: camera roll, photo stream, photo library, contacts, messages (MMS, SMS, iMessages), message attachments, voice memos, call history, calendar, notes, reminders, and Safari bookmarks.
- Suitable to almost all conditions that need data recovering, like wrong deletion, broken or formatted storage device, iOS upgrade, or jailbreak.
- Recovery for 12 types of data files from iTunes’ backup file.
- Compatibility with multiple versions of iOS, including iOS 7.
- Handy file preview, file search, and filter options.
- An excellent user interface with guidance in difficult places.
- If you’re using the unregistered version, you cannot save recovered files to your PC.
- You can’t recover data files to iOS devices directly. The recovered results can only be saved on a PC.
- It’s not that cheap considering that both iTunes backup and iCloud are free.
Note: This is a review of the version of Leawo iOS Data Recovery 188.8.131.52.
What others are saying about Leawo iOS Data Recovery:
From professional editors:
Leawo iOS Data Recovery is a simple to use tool designed to help you retrieve lost data from your iOS device or from your iTunes backup file. – Softpedia
Pros: My iPhone 4S was given by my elder sister when she switched it to a 5. I usually take notes with the note app on the handset. Somehow, all of them were accidentally deleted due to my mistaken touching. So do I have to take notes one by one again? Luckily, I found this Leawo program on Cnet. It recovered my iPhone 4S notes even if I hadn’t backed them up.
Cons: Considering the price of an old iPhone 4S, $69.95 for a program is too expensive for students like me. — Norman_J from CNET
For all VentureBeat readers, Leawo offers a permanent 65 percent off coupon code (Coupon Code = VBIOS) upon for iOS Data Recovery.
Sponsored posts are content that has been produced by a company, which is either paying for the post or has a business relationship with VentureBeat, and they’re always clearly marked. The content of news stories produced by our editorial team is never influenced by advertisers or sponsors in any way. For more information, contact email@example.com.