NOTE: GrowthBeat -- VentureBeat's provocative new marketing-tech event -- is a week away! We've gathered the best and brightest to explore the data, apps, and science of successful marketing. Get the full scoop here, and grab your tickets while they last.
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Internet analyst Mary Meeker has just released her latest report on the past year’s Internet trends, and it is juicy.
A few highlights of this slideshow:
- Internet user numbers are growing very slowly (less than 10 percent year-to-year), but the fastest growth is in hard-to-monetize markets like India, Indonesia, and Nigeria.
- Google’s average revenue per user (ARPU) is six times that of Facebook’s, and Facebook’s is twice that of Twitter’s.
- Tablet sales grew 52 percent in 2013 — that’s faster than PC sales ever grew.
- Mobile app revenue is kicking mobile ad revenue’s butt and accounts for 68 percent of mobile monetization.
- Bitcoin wallets have increased eightfold since last year.
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) is a world-leading venture capital firm located on Sand Hill Road in Menlo Park in Silicon Valley. The Wall Street Journal has called it one of the "largest and most established" venture capital ... read more »
Powered by VBProfiles
We're studying digital marketing compensation: how much companies pay CMOs, CDOs, VPs of marketing, and more
, with ChiefDigitalOfficer. Help us out by filling out the survey
, and we'll share the results with you.