Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Internet analyst Mary Meeker has just released her latest report on the past year’s Internet trends, and it is juicy.
A few highlights of this slideshow:
- Internet user numbers are growing very slowly (less than 10 percent year-to-year), but the fastest growth is in hard-to-monetize markets like India, Indonesia, and Nigeria.
- Google’s average revenue per user (ARPU) is six times that of Facebook’s, and Facebook’s is twice that of Twitter’s.
- Tablet sales grew 52 percent in 2013 — that’s faster than PC sales ever grew.
- Mobile app revenue is kicking mobile ad revenue’s butt and accounts for 68 percent of mobile monetization.
- Bitcoin wallets have increased eightfold since last year.
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) is a world-leading venture capital firm located on Sand Hill Road in Menlo Park in Silicon Valley. The Wall Street Journal has called it one of the "l... All KPCB news »