Gaming execs: Join 180 select leaders
from King, Glu, Rovio, Unity, Facebook, and more to plan your path to global domination in 2015. GamesBeat Summit
is invite-only -- apply here
. Ticket prices increase
on April 3rd!
SAN FRANCISCO — For the professional network crew at Linkedin, the company’s “mobile moment” is happening right now.
Joff Redfern, Linkedin’s veep of mobile strategy, offered these fascinating tidbits this morning at the MobileBeat slugfest at the Hilton.
According to Redfern:
- LinkedIn is adding two new members every second of every day. Its user base is now stands at 300 million plus.
- In 2009, only 8 percent of users were logging in with mobile devices.
- So far this year, mobile users now account for 43 percent of traffic.
- By the end of 2014, in about 5 months, the number of mobile users will surpass 50 percent.
- Last year, LinkedIn “mobilized.”
- When Joff started at Linkedin in 2009, they employed just eight engineers focusing on mobile.
- LinkedIn now employs 5,000.
- LinkedIn now offers six different mobile apps.
- 1.5 million users look for jobs on the site every day through mobile devices.
- LinkedIn is now vigorously pursuing a “multi-app” strategy.
LinkedIn started as a professional networking site. They are now quickly moving to become an indispensible job search destination. This will likely translate to increased revenues.
And at this point, for LinkedIn, its all roses.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on the internet, with more than 259 million members worldwide, including executives from Fortune 500 companies. Founded on May 5, 2003, by Reid Hoffman and founding team members fr... read more »
Powered by VBProfiles
VentureBeat’s VB Insight team is studying email marketing tools.
Chime in here, and we’ll share the results