Gaming execs: Join 180 select leaders
from King, Glu, Rovio, Unity, Facebook, and more to plan your path to global domination in 2015. GamesBeat Summit
is invite-only -- apply here
. Ticket prices increase
on April 3rd!
Apple’s getting serious about health, and the latest update to iOS 8’s developer beta is beefing up its health-related capabilities.
Apple released iOS 8 beta 5 today, and among the many updates, it slipped in support for spirometry data, which is a test that helps with the diagnosis of certain lung conditions by measuring the amount or speed of air a person a person inhales or exhales. (This comes alongside casual consumer capabilities, such as fitness tracking.)
This addition could be a hint that Apple expects more serious health devices to integrate with its HealthKit beyond casual health and fitness devices like pedometers. It might even include support for some clinical-level tools.
Here are the other major health-related updates in the new beta version of iOS 8:
- New icons for Body Data and Data Exporting
- New Health panel in the Privacy settings
- Option to display the medical ID on the lockscreen
- The HKWorkout API is now available to store workouts
Other new things in this update:
- The phone will prompt you to allow other devices, such as a MacBook, to access SMS messages through Relay
- iCloud has a new set of icons
- New Wi-Fi calling indicator for T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling
- Can now toggle on and off from the predictive text function in the messaging app
- Photos: “Last updated” notification for synching to iCloud, option to store full-resolution images in iCloud and optimized versions on the device
One more beta update is expected before Apple releases the full OS.
(h/t to 9to5Mac, Appadvice, BGR, MacRumors)
Apple designs and markets consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers. The company's best-known hardware products include the Macintosh line of computers, the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad. Apple software includes t... read more »
Powered by VBProfiles
VentureBeat is studying email marketing
, and we’ll share the data with you.