Content marketing is an undisputed must-have in every marketer’s toolbox — but how do you stand out and reap ROI when we live in a world saturated with content in every channel? Get the insights, tips and tricks you need to create a killer content marketing strategy that translates to real results.
As consumers’ taste for content marketing evolves in 2016, marketers need to do everything they can to stay up to speed, or risk falling behind. 51 percent of business owners agree that content marketing is “very important” or “absolutely critical” to creating a cohesive customer journey. And yet we’re only seeing 73 percent of B2C marketers use content marketing, with 37 percent saying their strategy is successful. What are those 37 percent are marketers doing right with content marketing?
One thing to consider is that the traditional methods of content marketing has changed. It’s no longer about blogging once a day, or creating a bright, shiny infographic for your product. Creating engaging and conversational content marketing now leans heavily in the favor of social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. Managing multiple digital channels and deciding which one is worth the time has become a stressful situation for marketers. 60 percent of B2B marketers report their top challenge for 2016 will be producing engaging content, while 57 percent said measuring content effectiveness, and another 57 percent said producing content consistently will be their biggest struggle.
85% of B2B marketer also cited lead generation as their most important content marketing goal in 2016, with sales being their second priority.
As you may imagine, these growing concerns over the right way to implement content marketing is taking its toil on potential business growth. Would this post work better as a video, or an amusing photo? Will this post strengthen the reputation of my brand, or potentially cheapen it? Are these likes on my social media posts having any influence at all?
Content marketing is constantly changing and you need to re-evaluate your strategy to see what works and what doesn’t for today’s consumers. Register for this webinar and hear from our content marketing pros who are reaping huge results as well as VentureBeat’s Director of Marketing Technology.
Don’t miss out!
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How to design a content marketing program that complements your marketing initiatives
- The way to find your voice – and how to adhere to it across media and platforms
- Which internal professionals to target for particular platforms (and how to get them to agree to do it)
- The benefits of content marketing, such as lead generation, expanded social presence, cementing brand recognition, and building individual executives’ brands
- How to determine the ROI of content marketing, plus the tools and metrics to use.
- Ada Pia, Patch of Land
- Sonny Ganguly, CMO, Wedding Wire
- Stewart Rogers, Director of Marketing Technology, VentureBeat
- Wendy Schuchart, analyst, VentureBeat