All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
- AcryMed, wound-healing specialist, sells itself to I-Flow for $25M (release)
- Stent maker Devax pulls $85M IPO filing (Edgar)
- Cempra Pharma gets $10M for anti-infective drugs (TechJournal South)
- Genesis Genomics takes in C$312K for DNA-based diagnostics (GenomeWeb)
AcryMed, wound-healing specialist, sells itself to I-Flow for $25M — AcryMed, a Beaverton, Ore., device maker focused on bleeding control and wound healing, agreed to sell itself to I-Flow, a publicly traded maker of drug-delivery systems, for $25 million in cash. The release is here.
AcryMed currently markets several types of wound dressings that use ionic silver — which apparently has antimicrobial properties — to prevent infection and “microlattices” to promote healing. AcryMed has also developed a technique for depositing silver particles on the surface of medical devices to prevent bacterial contamination. I-Flow says it expects the company’s technology to assist in developing new antimicrobial catheters and silver-based transparent wound dressings.
Cempra Pharma gets $10M for anti-infective drugs — Cempra Pharmaceuticals, a Research Triangle Park, N.C., specialty pharma focused on new drugs for overcoming antibiotic resistance, raised $10 million in a second funding round. Investors included Aisling Capital, Intersouth Partners, Optimer Pharmaceuticals and banker I. Wistar Morris.
That round is apparently still open, as PE Hub sourced its report to a regulatory filing. Cempra appears to have licensed its antibiotic candidates and its technology platform from Optimer Pharmaceuticals, with whom it concluded a deal in April 2006.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more