The Transform Technology Summits start October 13th with Low-Code/No Code: Enabling Enterprise Agility. Register now!
Web sharing tool provider ShareThis has added a new tool to its lineup with ShareNow, which allows publishers to provide automatic sharing to channels like Facebook and Twitter without having to build a customized social reader.
ShareNow, which is in beta in the ShareThis Labs, acts as a small widget on any webpage and can help publishers provide a frictionless sharing experience to social networks for readers. Ideally, the solution can increase social activity, page views, and level of user control. Readers can “share, delete, and re-share” without leaving a publisher’s website.
“We’ve always been all about giving people the flexibility to share the content that moves them, whenever and however they want,” ShareThis CEO Kurt Abrahamson said in a statement. “And we want to make things as simple as possible for publishers to offer their readers that flexibility. Until now, there was no way for publishers to enable effortless sharing on their sites without custom development on the social network itself.”
The company said ShareNow promises:
• Ease of implementation: Enable effortless sharing without creating a custom solution
• In-site content management: Continually share or delete shares without having to leave the publisher site
• Seamless click-through to shared content: Recipients of shared content can simply click through to read without having to install an additional social reader app
• Visibility and awareness: The ShareNow widget is always present next to the content, gently alerting readers whether the content has been shared
• User control: A simple “on” and “off” switch allows users to enable or disable automatic sharing and re-share or delete shares without navigating away from the page
Photo credit: Igor Zh./Shutterstock
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more