Samsung today announced that its Galaxy Note Edge smartphone will launch in the U.S. on November 14. Furthermore, the Korean company confirmed that AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and U.S. Cellular will all carry the device, which will also be sold in Samsung Experience Shops at Best Buy.
Samsung didn’t share specific pricing and availability for each carrier. We will update you below as they make their own announcements.
AT&T is promising to have both Charcoal Black and Frost White color options for $0 down, with AT&T Next 18 at $39.42 per month or AT&T Next 12 at $47.30 per month. The device will also sell for $400 with a two-year agreement or at no annual commitment for a huge $946.
Sprint didn’t reveal color options but did say the smartphone will be available for $0 down plus 24 monthly payments of $35 (plus tax). That comes out to $870.
T-Mobile also didn’t share color options but did say the smartphone will be available for $0 down (and $36.25/month for 24 months) online and in participating stores nationwide. That comes out to $840, and a service plan is of course required.
First announced on September 3, the Galaxy Note Edge is already available in South Korea and Japan, and Samsung confirmed earlier that it will arrive in the U.S., China, Australia, Russia, and India by the end of this year. The device, which the company touts as “the first smartphone of its kind with a functional curved display,” is not expected to arrive in Canada this year.
To refresh your memory, here are the device’s specifications:
- 2.7 GHz quad-core processor
- 5.6 inch (141.9mm) Quad HD Super AMOLED (2560 x 1440 + 160) display
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Camera: 16MP autofocus rear-facing with Smart OIS and 3.7MP front-facing with f1.9
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth v 4.1 (BLE, ANT+), IR LED (remote control), USB 2.0, MHL 3.0
- Sensors: gesture, accelerometer, geo-magnetic, gyroscope, RGB, IR-LED, proximity, barometer, Hall sensor, finger scanner, UV, heart rate monitoring, SpO2 (dependent on market)
- Memory: 32GB internal storage, microSD slot (up to 128GB), and 3GB RAM
- Dimensions: 151.3 x 82.4 x 8.3mm, 174g
- Battery: Li-ion 3,000 mAh, fast charging (Adaptive Fast Charging & QC 2.0)
You can read our hands-on with the device here. Spoiler alert: We found it stylish but awkward.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more