The Transform Technology Summits start October 13th with Low-Code/No Code: Enabling Enterprise Agility. Register now!
Emerson Spartz is one of the world’s leading experts on Internet virality. He got his start at age 12 as the founder of MuggleNet, a Harry Potter fan site. Now 27, he’s the CEO of Spartz Media, which says it is one of the fastest-growing digital media publishers, with 160 million page views per month across sites like Dose and OMGFacts.
We talk to him about the secrets of virality, the eternal tension between viral content and journalism, and the future of content. What’s his definition of quality content? It’s the content that gets shared the most, Spartz said.
If you want to know how to make your own site go viral, well, we’ve got some tips from him on that, too.
Also, we ask him how he plans to change the world.
Plus, we’ll tell you what to think about:
- Microsoft’s big Windows 10 press event,
- foul-mouthed T-Mobile CEO John Legere calls bullshit on his boss, and
- why Wall Street suddenly has a love affair with digital health technologies.
You can find this latest edition of What to Think on iTunes.
In addition, you can What to Think on Stitcher or get the What to Think RSS feed for the podcast player of your choice.
Enjoy the show!
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more