The New York City-based digital health startup accelerator StartUp Health has added six new companies, bringing its portfolio size to 90 companies.
Companies in the new class represent subsectors ranging from telemedicine and patient engagement to wellness, nutrition, and diagnostics.
The new StartUp Health companies
AlemHealth (Dubai, United Arab Emirates) is an integrated telemedicine platform that links hospitals to a global provider network at prices patients can afford.
Gritness (Austin, Texas) has developed a search engine that allows consumers and businesses to discover, create, and engage with local group fitness options.
Healarium (Tel Aviv, Israel and Birmingham, Alabama) provides a patient engagement platform that gives consumers daily regimens for self-management of their health.
iDx Ventures (New York City) makes ClariFlow, an affordable, single-use home test to detect enlarged prostate issues in men.
Mouthwatch (New York City) provides a teledentistry and communication platform that uses an intraoral camera.
NuPlanit (Boston) offers a real-time behavior support platform to help users with their daily food decisions.
“This new group of Healthcare Transformers represents the global nature of innovation in healthcare and we are thrilled to be bringing this diverse group of entrepreneurs from around the globe into our community,” said Unity Stoakes, cofounder of StartUp Health, in a statement.
StartUp Health stats as of January 2015
- Total companies: 90
- Total raised to date: $190 million
- Countries represented: 8 (Brazil, Canada, India, Ireland, Israel, Spain, UAE, United States)
- International companies: 17%
- Physician/practitioner founders: 40%
- Serial entrepreneurs: 35%
- Women founders: 31%
- Seed accelerator grads: 23%
- Total acquisitions: 3 (Basis Science by Intel in March 2014, Avado by WebMD in 2013, Arpeggi by Gene by Gene in 2013)
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more