A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Today Apple unveiled a $1,299 to $1,599 redesigned MacBook with a 12-inch Retina display. The new laptop will start shipping on April 10.
Announced during Apple’s media-dubbed Watch event, this news confirms one of the company’s most intriguing, long-standing rumors. Here are the specs:
- USB-C support
- Colors: Available in silver, space gray, and gold
- Battery: 9 hours wireless web, 10 hours movie playback. 35% more battery in the same space with contoured battery “cells”
- Screen: 2304×1440 Retina screen (3.3 million pixels)
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Body: All-metal design. 24% thinner, 67% smaller logic board, .88mm thin screen panel
- Trackpad: Force-sensing, integrates with OS X
- Fan: There is no fan
- Keyboard: All-new backlit keyboard, featuring a butterfly mechanism
- Memory: 8 GB
- Storage: 250 GB to 500 GB
Apple shared today that the device will feature a high-resolution display typically only found on iPhones, iPads, Retina MacBook Pros, and Retina iMacs. As rumored, the laptop features a 12-inch display and a far slimmer form factor — when compared to existing MacBook Air models.
On stage at the event, Apple claimed the new device “is the world’s most energy-efficient notebook.”
For more breaking Apple news, head here.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more