Today Apple unveiled a $1,299 to $1,599 redesigned MacBook with a 12-inch Retina display. The new laptop will start shipping on April 10.
Announced during Apple’s media-dubbed Watch event, this news confirms one of the company’s most intriguing, long-standing rumors. Here are the specs:
- USB-C support
- Colors: Available in silver, space gray, and gold
- Battery: 9 hours wireless web, 10 hours movie playback. 35% more battery in the same space with contoured battery “cells”
- Screen: 2304×1440 Retina screen (3.3 million pixels)
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Body: All-metal design. 24% thinner, 67% smaller logic board, .88mm thin screen panel
- Trackpad: Force-sensing, integrates with OS X
- Fan: There is no fan
- Keyboard: All-new backlit keyboard, featuring a butterfly mechanism
- Memory: 8 GB
- Storage: 250 GB to 500 GB
Apple shared today that the device will feature a high-resolution display typically only found on iPhones, iPads, Retina MacBook Pros, and Retina iMacs. As rumored, the laptop features a 12-inch display and a far slimmer form factor — when compared to existing MacBook Air models.
On stage at the event, Apple claimed the new device “is the world’s most energy-efficient notebook.”
For more breaking Apple news, head here.