(Tech.eu) — Happy Friday! This week, Tech.eu tracked 8 technology M&A transactions and 57 funding deals (totalling €326 million) in Europe, Turkey and Israel.
Here’s an overview of the 10 biggest European tech news items for this week:
1) Several European and Israeli tech companies announced funding rounds of at least $20 million this week: DocPlanner ($20 million), Celonis ($27.5 million), Auro Technologies ($28 million), SundaySky ($30 million), Weka.io ($32 million), Trax ($40 million) and Tradeshift ($75 million).
2) High-Tech Gründerfonds — Europe’s most active early-stage investor — is raising a third fund, with a target size of €300 million.
3) After 30 investments in Israel, VC firm Accel Partners recruited a partner (an ex-Facebook exec) on the ground. Also this week, Partech Ventures appointed new general partners in Paris and San Francisco.
4) Hungarian-American tech company Prezi hits 75 million users and enhances its presentation software with business productivity tools.
5) Swedish fintech firm iZettle turns five years old, launches new card reader, features and pricing.
6) TimeOut Group, the UK-based media and e-commerce platform, has filed for an IPO. In the meantime, Israeli-based IronSource says that it’s waiting for more favorable market conditions before hitting the public markets.
7) Also on the M&A front, Tencent is said to be considering the purchase of SoftBank’s majority stake in Supercell, in a deal that may value the Finnish gamemaker at $9 billion; French company Vivendi is set to buy out the founding family of French mobile-gaming company Gameloft; and Axel Springer acquired a 93% stake in US-based eMarketer for $242 million.
9) British lawmakers passed a new digital surveillance law, the much controversial Investigatory Powers Bill.
10) AmazonFresh launched grocery deliveries in London.
Bonus link: The US is no longer the dominant engine of global innovation, and Europe will overtake it — here’s why.
You can subscribe to Tech.eu’s newsletter here.
This story originally appeared on Tech.eu. Copyright 2016
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more