Hear from CIOs, CTOs, and other C-level and senior execs on data and AI strategies at the Future of Work Summit this January 12, 2022. Learn more
Let the OSS Enterprise newsletter guide your open source journey! Sign up.
Open source software (OSS) is everywhere, from smartphone operating systems to APIs and scripts that help servers run faster. It’s estimated that 98% of codebases contain at least some open source code.
But the open source world is fraught with complexities and can be tricky to navigate — which is why VentureBeat is launching OSS Enterprise, a weekly newsletter dedicated to all things open source.
OSS Enterprise will cover anything and everything related to open source — but mostly where it intersects with the world of business. We’ll curate the most interesting stories of the moment, including:
- The latest licensing kerfuffles between Big Tech and the broader open source world
- Where VCs are looking for their next big open source investments
- Industry reports around security, among other key issues
- Fledgling open source platforms you should know about, such as Firebase rivals and security platforms for enterprise apps
- New tools that help make sense of open source, like The Open Source Index, OpenLogic’s Stack Builder, and Openbase
- Perspectives from across the technology spectrum, such as Microsoft proclaiming that open source is now the accepted model for cross-company collaboration
The OSS Enterprise newsletter will include content sourced from VentureBeat and beyond and may also highlight useful long reads we encounter in our daily internet meanderings. In short, it will deliver anything we think will bring value to your understanding of open source.
The first edition of OSS Enterprise will be published as an online article this Friday, with the inaugural newsletter sent out by email on Monday. But all subsequent editions will be email-only and published weekly — you can expect the newsletter in your inbox by around 10 a.m. Pacific (give or take) each Friday.
Sign up for OSS Enterprise by clicking here.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more