Successful CMOs achieve growth by leveraging technology. Join us for GrowthBeat Summit on June 1-2 in Boston
, where we'll discuss how to merge creativity with technology to drive growth. Space is limited. Request your personal invitation here
Mobile payments startup Square has added new loyalty features to its Square Register and Pay-with-Square apps to get more people to keep coming back to Square merchants, the company announced this morning.
Last week, Square announced that it now has 2 million merchants accepting payments through its service. On top of this core payments business, the company is working on other ways to change how consumers and businesses deal with transactions. The Register app for iPad helps companies ditch their cash registers and the Pay with Square app on iOS and Android makes it possible for consumers to pay at Square merchants without pulling their wallets (or phones) out of their pockets.
Now those apps will include new ways to (hopefully) keep consumers coming back for more at their favorite Square merchants. The company has also tweaked the look of its Pay with Square app to give more info on Square merchants.
The company details the following changes:
• Tools to attract new customers and reward regulars, including first-visit specials and customizable punch cards
• Pay-with-Square users collect merchant cards from their favorite places and track rewards from purchases on an in-app punch card
• In-app reporting that provides quick access to sales trends in real-time and easy reporting, including x and z reports
• Intuitive inventory library to create categories of items for easy access and sorting
• Customizable percentage and dollar discounts for any item or sale
• Newly designed Pay-with-Square interface for discovering new businesses
Square says that since Register’s launch in March, Square Register merchants are “five times more active on a weekly basis” than merchants simply using the Square Card Reader and that Register users process approximately twice as much revenue.
You can see the new Square rewards in action in the video below:
Square Register photo: Square/Vimeo
Design is determining the winners in everything mobile. The most successful players are focusing on one thing: How to make products, services, and devices as compelling and delightful as possible – visually, and experientially. MobileBeat 2012, July 10-11 in San Francisco , is assembling the most elite minds to debate how UI/UX is transforming every aspect of the mobile economy, and where the opportunities lie. Register here.
VentureBeat’s VB Insight team is studying marketing analytics...
Chime in here, and we’ll share the results