A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
* You can now view iWork documents, look through contacts, and view Microsoft Office documents on an iPhone.
* You can save images directly to different locations.
* There’s a scientific calculator.
* There are parental controls.
* There are two forms each for Japanese and Chinese as well as other language support.
* You can draw Chinese characters.
* The new iPhone 2.0 software will be available in early July.
* The new App Store is a way for developers to reach every single iPhone user. It will be available in 62 countries and have automatic updates on the apps that you’ve bought. Developers keep 70 percent of the revenues. They are secure with FairPlay DRM if they want. But developers can make them free if they want as well. Apple won’t charge credit card transaction fees to the developers.
* You can download apps under 10 megabytes on the cell phone, Wi-Fi, or iTunes. If it’s bigger than that, you can’t use the cell phone network to download it. Companies can lock certain iPhones as authorized platforms to receive custom enterprise apps. Users can download them to their phones and those apps can’t be used on any other phones, giving the iPhone a higher level of corporate security. Users can download the enterprise apps and sync them to the phones through iTunes.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more