Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
The latest monthly report from mobile ad network AdMob, which surveyed 1,117 users, finds that consumers who download apps onto an Android handset or an iPhone behave very much alike.
The big gap between them is that only 19 percent of Android users download at least one paid application per month, compared to 40 and 50 percent for iPod Touch and iPhone owners, respectively.
“However,” AdMob writes, “users who purchase paid apps on either platform exhibit similar downloading and spending habits, indicating the potential for paid apps on Android Market as it develops.”
More highlights from the report:
– Each month, Android and iPhone users download approximately 10 new apps, while iPod touch owners download an average of 18 per month.
– Over half of Android and iPhone users spend more than 30 minutes per day using apps.
– More than 90 percent of Android and iPhone OS users browse and search for apps directly on their mobile device.
– Users who regularly download paid apps spend approximately $9 on an average of five paid downloads per month.
– iPhone represented 60 percent of US smartphone usage in AdMob’s network in July 2009, followed by RIM and Android devices at 13 and 12 percent, respectively.
AdMob claims to be the world’s largest mobile ad network, serving more than 7 billion ads per month to more than 160 countries and territories.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more