For all of you who are still trying to figure out how to use location-based services for your business, fear no more. We’ve gotten wind that, come June 2011, Dummies.com, the infamous how-to series from Wiley Publishing will have a new book on the market — “Location Based Marketing for Dummies”.
The really interesting part of the new Dummies book is that it may bring a bit of good news to the location-based space. While many people have dismissed the location-based market based on recent results (Pew Internet findings, for example, say that only 4% of online Americans use location-based services), clearly Wiley thinks it’s going to be big.
The book’s authors, Powered chief marketer Aaron Strout and Mike Schneider, senior vice president at advertising and interactive agency Allen & Gerritsen, have worked with a number of clients on location-based campaigns.
According to Strout’s blog, topics covered in the book will include:
- Choosing the right platform(s)
- Building a location-based campaign
- Creating a relevant offer
- Location-based services as part of your loyalty program
- Integrating location-based services with other marketing efforts
- Developing a monitoring strategy
- Key performance indicators and measurement
If you’re a location-based service and are wondering how to get involved, the two authors are looking for help. According to Mike’s blog, you can send a tweet to @schneidermike with the hashtag #LBM4D to let them know about you.
[Full disclosure: The authors announced the new book during a webinar I co-presented for digital engagement agency Piehead, where I work as a social strategist].
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more