The Transform Technology Summits start October 13th with Low-Code/No Code: Enabling Enterprise Agility. Register now!
Today Foursquare raised the curtain on Pinpoint, a new advertising platform that will enable brands to target Foursquare users (and even non-Foursquare users) based on where they’ve been.
The platform isn’t limited to Foursquare’s apps, however. Foursquare says it plans to sell ads across a “verified ecosystem of apps, exchanges and publishers” — at the moment, we’re not entirely sure how far that definition reaches, but it’s clear that Foursquare plans to partner with third parties to bolster the location dataset it already has.
Here’s what we do know, based on the initiative’s launch site.
- The data: Pinpoint will use Foursquare’s “six years of first-party location intelligence, which has created a map of the world the way your mobile device sees it.”
- The breadth: The platform will help advertisers target users based on “the precise places that their audience goes to in the real world.”
- Where you’ll see ads: Pinpoint reaches beyond Foursquare’s apps. “Through our verified ecosystem of apps, exchanges and publishers, advertisers can reach not only the Foursquare Audience, but consumers nationwide.”
- Audience segments: Pinpoint will let advertisers slice and dice their audiences. “Marketers can create custom audiences at scale, using the psychographic data that they need, combined with the location data that only Foursquare knows.”
- Partners: Samsung, Fedex, AT&T, Olive Garden, Choice Hotels, and Wild Turkey rank among Foursquare’s launch partners.
— Tara Wacks (@tarawnyc) April 14, 2015
For more on the new platform, head here.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more